Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
For over three decades, Leslie Hindman Auctioneers has been an industry leader combining a local recognition as the Midwest’s leading fine art auctioneers with a global reach of buyers. Founded in 1982, sold to Sotheby’s in 1997 and reopened in 2003, Leslie Hindman has remained a constant force behind high profile auctions of everything from contemporary paintings and fine jewelry to French furniture and rare books and manuscripts and always maintains a practice of achieving the highest prices while maintaining the highest levels of integrity and customer service.
In 1982, Leslie Hindman founded her eponymous house in Chicago, Illinois, and within a few years it grew to be the largest auction house in the Midwest and the fifth largest in the country. The company conducted many significant and highly publicized auctions, including memorabilia from the historic Comiskey Park, the Chicago Stadium, the Schwinn Family Bicycle Collection, as well as the personal property from such renowned estates as Arthur Rubloff, Mrs. Robert R. McCormick, the Potter Palmer families, and Dole heiress Elizabeth F. Cheney. In 1991, Leslie received international recognition for the discovery of a previously unknown still life by Vincent van Gogh. The painting sold for $1.43 million and the resulting publicity brought Leslie Hindman Auctioneers to the forefront of the world auction scene.
As a result of her firm’s outstanding reputation, it was acquired by Sotheby’s in 1997. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers holds regularly scheduled auctions featuring paintings, prints, drawings and sculpture, furniture and decorative arts, fine jewelry and timepieces, vintage couture and accessories, and fine books and manuscripts. An exceptional team of specialists – allied with a worldwide network of consultants and representatives – effectively appraise and market property leading to outstanding prices realized. Furthermore, Leslie Hindman Auctioneers provides a full range of services for trust and estate professionals.
Objects "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers"
A Regency Burlwood Writing or Sofa Table 19th century having a rectangular top with rounded corners above a plain frieze fitted with two drawers, raised on twin supports joined by fluted turned stretchers and ending in casters. Height 31 x width 56 1/2 x depth 29 1/2 inches.Read more
- Low estimate
- 640 GBP
A Pair of Capodimonte Porcelain Chargers each of circular form, centered with a coat of arms within a border painted to show a continuous band of classically draped revelers, with transfer-printed stamp to the underside. Diameter 11 1/8 inches.Read more
- Low estimate
- 160 GBP
n Hermes Noir Togo 30 Lindy Handbag, 2007, with palladium hardware, two exterior slip pockets, a turn lock and zip closure, double handles and a shoulder carry strap. Square K blindstamp. Stamped: Hermes. 12" x 7.5" x 6.5"Read more
- Low estimate
- 2 000 GBP
A Collection of Wall Decorations comprising a pair of wall brackets in the form of cherubs supporting the shell form shelf; a pair of gilt cast metal wall brackets having a rectangular shelf above the acanthus and scroll decorated support and a pair of figural wall mounts carved to show a female mask flanked by scrolls and foliate swags; 6 items total. Height of largest 13 inches.Read more
- Low estimate
- 60 GBP
An Italian Painted Bench 20th century the rectangular stuffover cushion above the ribbon twist and rosette carved seat rail, raised on cylindrical carved tapering legs. Height 20 x width 32 x depth 19 1/2 inches.Read more
n Hermes Rubis Gulliver 28cm Kelly Bag, 1989, with goldtone hardware, a detachable shoulder strap, a front flap turnlock closure, two interior slip pockets and one interior zip pocket. Circle S blindstamp. Stamped: Hermes. 11" x 8.5" x 4"Read more
- Low estimate
- 2 400 GBP
An English Silver-Plate Bacon Warmer F.B. Thomas & Co., London, First Half 20th Century of ovoid form, raised on splayed legs and monogrammed M, together with two liners. marked on underside and on liners Width 14 inches.Read more
Blog posts about "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers"
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers launch ''buy it now'' online marketplace
- Acclaimed US auction house Leslie Hindman has launched LH Exchange, an online marketplace which allows buyers to buy items at a fixed price.
- Exclusive Oprah Winfrey Collection at Leslie Hindman
- On 25th April Leslie Hindman Auctioneers will be presenting the Property from the Oprah Winfrey Collections, with pieces from Oprah's Water Tower apartment in Chicago.
- Christmas Crackers!
- With Christmas nearly upon us, make sure the table is set and the home is ready for guests with our complete guide to making the home festive!
Realised prices "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers "
- A Reversible Navy Blue Sheared Fur Coat
- A Reversible Navy Blue Sheared Fur Coat,\nreversible to a navy jacquard fabric, with an Astrakhan trim to the collar and cuffs and a self belt. Unlabeled.\n\nProperty from the Estate of Mary Anne Kirchschlager, Chicago, Illinois\n\n Measurements:\nBust: 17" flat\nWaist: 18" flat\nHip: 21" flat\nCenter Back Length: 51"\n\nOverall excellent condtion Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Chinese Art Deco Rug
- A Chinese Art Deco Rug,\nearly 20th century, having tan reserve in main panel with peach reserve in border, with floral sprays throughout with Chinese style vases issuing flowers throughout.\n8 feet 11 inches x 11 feet 6 inches.\n\nPurchased at the Nomad''s Loom, Chicago, Illinois by present owner\n\n Having areas of low nap at the corners of the central panel, with some minor stains around the outer border. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Pauline Trigere Black Velvet Evening Ensemble
- A Pauline Trigere Black Velvet Evening Ensemble,\nconsisting of a vest and pants with a cream silk blouse. Labeled: Pauline Trigere.\n\nProperty from the Personal Collection of Melanie and Philippe Radley, Son and Daughter-in-law of Pauline Trigere, North Salem, New York Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Cast Stone Figure of a Man, depicted in the nude holding a cloth over his left shoulder.
- A Cast Stone Figure of a Man,\ndepicted in the nude holding a cloth over his left shoulder.\nHeight 69 1/2 inches.\n\nProperty from the Frank Plevo Trust, Las Vegas, Nevada Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Bronze Figure of Guanyin the bodhisattva depicted seated in
- A Bronze Figure of Guanyin\nthe bodhisattva depicted seated in lalitasana on a recumbent beast raised atop a lotus base, her right hand resting on her raised right knee and her left hand on the back of the beast, wearing a peaked crown and elaborate jewelry, the face with a serene expression.\nHeight 12 inches.\n\n In overall fair and stable condition. No visible restoration. The face having even patina with a minute chip on the left cheek. Chipping to the beast figure. Losses to the crown, the flowing scarves and the index finger of the left hand. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers has 506 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Leslie Hindman Auctioneers