Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
For over three decades, Leslie Hindman Auctioneers has been an industry leader combining a local recognition as the Midwest’s leading fine art auctioneers with a global reach of buyers. Founded in 1982, sold to Sotheby’s in 1997 and reopened in 2003, Leslie Hindman has remained a constant force behind high profile auctions of everything from contemporary paintings and fine jewelry to French furniture and rare books and manuscripts and always maintains a practice of achieving the highest prices while maintaining the highest levels of integrity and customer service.
In 1982, Leslie Hindman founded her eponymous house in Chicago, Illinois, and within a few years it grew to be the largest auction house in the Midwest and the fifth largest in the country. The company conducted many significant and highly publicized auctions, including memorabilia from the historic Comiskey Park, the Chicago Stadium, the Schwinn Family Bicycle Collection, as well as the personal property from such renowned estates as Arthur Rubloff, Mrs. Robert R. McCormick, the Potter Palmer families, and Dole heiress Elizabeth F. Cheney. In 1991, Leslie received international recognition for the discovery of a previously unknown still life by Vincent van Gogh. The painting sold for $1.43 million and the resulting publicity brought Leslie Hindman Auctioneers to the forefront of the world auction scene.
As a result of her firm’s outstanding reputation, it was acquired by Sotheby’s in 1997. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers holds regularly scheduled auctions featuring paintings, prints, drawings and sculpture, furniture and decorative arts, fine jewelry and timepieces, vintage couture and accessories, and fine books and manuscripts. An exceptional team of specialists – allied with a worldwide network of consultants and representatives – effectively appraise and market property leading to outstanding prices realized. Furthermore, Leslie Hindman Auctioneers provides a full range of services for trust and estate professionals.
Objects "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers"
BINDINGS) (BIOGRAPHIES) A group of 13 volumes including: Robespierre: A Study. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1928. First American Edition. [with] Dido, Queen of Hearts. New York: Horace Liveright, 1929. [with] Alexander: A Romantic Biography. New York: Cosmopolitian Book Corporation, 1928. [with] Danton: A Study. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1928. First American Edition. With new preface and 17 illustrations. [with] Charlemagne and the United States of Europe. New York: Dodd, Mead, 1932. Illustrated. [with] The Life and Times of Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt. A Study in the Origin of the Roman Empire. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1930. New and Revised Edition. Illustrated. [with] Lorenzo the Magnificent. New York: Brentano's, 1929. [with] The Life and Times of Catherine de Medici. New York: D. Appleton-Century, 1935. With 16 illustrations. [with] Tamerlane, the Earth Shaker. New York: Robert M. McBride, 1930. Illustrated. [with] Louis the Fifthteenth and his Times. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1934. [with] William the Conqueror. London: Longmans, Green, 1932. First Edition. [with] Josephus. New York: The Viking Press, 1932. [with] Hannibal. New York: Dodd, Mead, 1930. Third printing, illustrated. 8vos, 3/4 blue morocco on blue cloth, spines gilt, t.e.g., some with marbled endpapers. Frontispieces on some volumes. Slight rubbing to spines; minor wear to edges; rubbing to corners.Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid150 GBP
Blog posts about "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers"
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers launch ''buy it now'' online marketplace
- Acclaimed US auction house Leslie Hindman has launched LH Exchange, an online marketplace which allows buyers to buy items at a fixed price.
- Exclusive Oprah Winfrey Collection at Leslie Hindman
- On 25th April Leslie Hindman Auctioneers will be presenting the Property from the Oprah Winfrey Collections, with pieces from Oprah's Water Tower apartment in Chicago.
- Christmas Crackers!
- With Christmas nearly upon us, make sure the table is set and the home is ready for guests with our complete guide to making the home festive!
Realised prices "Leslie Hindman Auctioneers "
- A Leaded and Jeweled Glass Table Lamp
- A Leaded and Jeweled Glass Table Lamp,\nhaving a domed shade with stylized grapevine decoration, the cast base depicting The Three Graces.\nHeight 24 1/2 inches.\n\nProperty from the Estate of Gyula Serfozo, Boca Raton, Florida. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Quezal Iridescent Glass Silver Overlay Vase, American
- A Quezal Iridescent Glass Silver Overlay Vase,\nAmerican\nof bottle form with foliate overlay, the glass signed Quezal, d1151.\nGlass\nHeight 7 3/4 inches.\n\nProperty from the Martha W. Smith Estate.\n\n Over all good condition without chips or cracks. Silver is complete but tarnished. Light shelf wear to base. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- A Single Strand Cultured Pearl Necklace
- A Single Strand Cultured Pearl Necklace,\nwith cultured pearls measuring approximately 8.00-8.50 mm in diameter.\nLength 16 inches.\n\n Overall nice size 8-8 1/2 mm pearls. Slightly to moderately spotted. Luster is medium to high. White to cream, round to off round thin nacre, uneven matching, slightly spotted. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- Two Yves Saint Laurent Sweaters 1970sOne dolman sleeve top with tube top undershirt
- Two Yves Saint Laurent Sweaters\n1970sOne dolman sleeve top with tube top undershirt, detailed in gold metallic threading at neckline. Other is red cardigan with large button closure, cropped sleeves, small front hip pockets.\n\n Both S/M Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- An American Aesthetic Silver-Plate Tea and Coffee Service
- An American Aesthetic Silver-Plate Tea and Coffee Service, Reed & Barton, Taunton, MA, 19th century,\ncomprising a coffee pot, two teapots, a creamer, tea caddy, sugar basket and a table bell fitted waste bowl.\nHeight of tallest 12 inches.\n\nProperty from the Collection of Paul Mavros and David Valkema, Long Beach, Indiana Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers has 2 081 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Leslie Hindman Auctioneers