Mallams was established in 1788, and is a leading specialist provincial auctioneers and estate agents. They have a range of specialist and general fine art valuers in many fields. Through this they can provide experienced advice, including a valuation service, for auctions, probate, tax and insurance.
Mallams are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
Blog posts about "Mallams"
- Double Sale Success!
- We had high hopes for the Mallams sale, in Oxford, on the 8th December, as two items sourced from our valuation service were going under the hammer.
- Artist Spotlight: Sir William Rothenstein's portraits
- Drawings by the Bradford-born painter Sir William Rothenstein will be coming to auction at Mallams, Oxford this month.
- Pottery Pick - Lucie Rie Consignment
- We have seen some wonderful ceramic pieces consigned from the valuation service so far this year, and now we can add another one to the list.
- New Consignment - Picasso
- An artist like Picasso hardly needs any introduction. A jack of all trades, he mastered them all with an estimated artist output of around 50,000 items which includes paintings, prints, sculptures, ceramics, collage and textiles.
- Charles Robert Ashbee's Forbidden Chalice
- An Early work by Arts & Crafts pioneer Charles Robert Ashbee, which is coming up for sale in Oxford at Mallams this month, reveals a tragic tale of lost love.
Realised prices "Mallams "
- ALFRED MOGIENIE BRYANT (British, fl. 1879-1907) Huntsman and hounds
- ALFRED MOGIENIE BRYANT (British, fl. 1879-1907) Huntsman and hounds on a country lane, signed lower right, oil on canvas, 15 1/2" x 25 1/2" Mallams
- A VICTORIAN GILT FRAME OVER MANTEL MIRROR moulded decoration and leaded
- A VICTORIAN GILT FRAME OVER MANTEL MIRROR moulded decoration and leaded glass, 52" x 32". Mallams
- A HALF SOVEREIGN dated 1908
- A HALF SOVEREIGN dated 1908 Mallams
- A SET OF MAHOGANY SHELVES
- A SET OF MAHOGANY SHELVES, with turned supports and brass finials, having a box base, fitted with two drawers, 24" across Mallams
- A VICTORIAN GROS POINT WOOL WORK PICTURE of a young girl in red dress
- A VICTORIAN GROS POINT WOOL WORK PICTURE of a young girl in red dress, with spaniel, simulated rosewood frame, 9 1/2" x 9". Mallams
- Mallams has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Mallams