Mallams was established in 1788, and is a leading specialist provincial auctioneers and estate agents. They have a range of specialist and general fine art valuers in many fields. Through this they can provide experienced advice, including a valuation service, for auctions, probate, tax and insurance.
Mallams are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
- United Kingdom
with fluted sides and reed edges, oval stepped base and open double ‘C’ scroll handles, 14.5cm long, Birmingham 1931 by Fenton Russell & Co Ltd; and a silver mounted bottle coaster with pierced sides, 14cm diameter, Birmingham 1973 by S.J. Rose & Son (3)Read more
the old-cut diamond millegrain collet set above a knife-edged bar, suspending a cushion-shaped aquamarine drop, on a fine trace-link chain with clasp stamped ‘9k’, diamond weight approximately 0.15ct, pendant length 3.5cmRead more
the loosely scrolled openwork panel set with oval cabochon turquoise and channels of graduated seed pearls, suspending a single turquoise drop, on a ropetwist-link chain with clasp stamped ‘9c’ (pearls untested for origin), length 40.5cmRead more
comprising a diamond and gem set crescent brooch (three stones deficient), a diamond and gem set lizard brooch/pendant (pin fitting deficient), a banded agate and black enamel panel brooch, with glazed verso (fitting deficient), an oval shell cameo brooch, two bar brooches, four further brooches, and a mother of pearl cross pendant, first brooch length 5.6cm (11)Read more
- Low estimate
- 400 GBP
the cushion-shaped mixed-cut sapphire measuring approximately 11mm x 10.2mm x 5.8mm, claw set within a tiered double row border of graduated old-cut diamonds, highlighted with larger similarly-cut diamonds to the cardinal points, above a pierced gallery, gold and silver mounted, total diamond weight approximately 3.20ct, length 3.1cmRead more
- Low estimate
- 5 000 GBP
Blog posts about "Mallams"
- Double Sale Success!
- We had high hopes for the Mallams sale, in Oxford, on the 8th December, as two items sourced from our valuation service were going under the hammer.
- Artist Spotlight: Sir William Rothenstein's portraits
- Drawings by the Bradford-born painter Sir William Rothenstein will be coming to auction at Mallams, Oxford this month.
- Pottery Pick - Lucie Rie Consignment
- We have seen some wonderful ceramic pieces consigned from the valuation service so far this year, and now we can add another one to the list.
- New Consignment - Picasso
- An artist like Picasso hardly needs any introduction. A jack of all trades, he mastered them all with an estimated artist output of around 50,000 items which includes paintings, prints, sculptures, ceramics, collage and textiles.
- Charles Robert Ashbee's Forbidden Chalice
- An Early work by Arts & Crafts pioneer Charles Robert Ashbee, which is coming up for sale in Oxford at Mallams this month, reveals a tragic tale of lost love.
Realised prices "Mallams "
- Brian Ballard (Irish, b.1943) Tall Trees, 1987 signed and dated (lower
- Brian Ballard (Irish, b.1943) Tall Trees, 1987 signed and dated (lower right), titled to reverse oils on canvas 58cm x 74cm. Mallams
- A BLACKAMOOR TORCHERE in the form of a lady holding a lamp
- A BLACKAMOOR TORCHERE in the form of a lady holding a lamp Mallams
- Modern Biography (4 boxes).
- Modern Biography (4 boxes). Mallams
- A CARVED GILT WOOD FOUR BRANCH CHANDELIER with acanthus decoration
- A CARVED GILT WOOD FOUR BRANCH CHANDELIER with acanthus decoration, 19" diameter. Mallams
- Various tea and dinner ware to include a Doulton meat plate
- Various tea and dinner ware to include a Doulton meat plate, etc. (Two shelves). Mallams
- Mallams has 600 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Mallams