Over 170 years ago McTear's opened its doors in central Glasgow. From then on buyers from all around the globe have furnished their homes with the millions of objects that have passed through the McTears's doors. Famous and celebrity collectors including a young William Burrell, have come to McTear's. McTears has developed into one of the largest independent auction houses in the UK and are holders of the Britain's Best Auction House award, voted by the general public and readers of Home & Antiques magazine. Whether you’re interested in buying, selling or simply enjoying the buzz of the auction, McTear's has a sale for you. With dedicated auctions and specialist departments in Asian Works of Art, Jewellery, Whisky and Pictures to name but a few, McTears offer a style of service seen in only a handful of auction houses outside of London. As one of the forerunners of Live Bidding for The-Saleroom.com, McTear's Live! Auctions brings a genuinely global audience to auction galleries. McTear's Head Office and Auction Galleries are situated just south of the Clyde Tunnel adjacent to the M8 motorway. The Galleries are open every weekday from 8.30am until 5pm and on Saturday mornings. The facilities at McTear’s Galleries boast a private car park and licensed café.
- United Kingdom
Objects "McTear's Auctioneers"
EIGHTEEN CARAT GOLD SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND CLUSTER RING the floral motif cluster set with a single round brilliant cut diamond surrounded by oval sapphires interspaced with round diamonds, in eighteen carat white gold, size O, 5gRead more
PAIR OF EIGHTEEN CARAT WHITE GOLD MULTI GEM SET CHANDELIER EARRINGS each with four diamond set sections with suspended briolette cut gem drops, all suspended from a further diamond set drop, in turn suspended from a pear shaped gem set stud, 83mm high, 33g grossRead more
EIGHTEEN CARAT WHITE GOLD DIAMOND 'LOVE' RING the diamond set looping bezel modelled in the round and set with a single larger round brilliant cut diamond of approximately 0.29 carats to spell 'love,' size L, 3.9gRead more
- Low estimate
- 280 GBP
LIMITED EDITION STEIFF GROWLER LEICA 'REPORTER BEAR' one of a limited edition of 100 made as a promotional item for Leica, styled on 1909 Stieff bear, with hat, photographer's coat, with commissioned MinoxClassica Camera Leica IIIf, numbered 60500, fitted with Minoctar 1:5.6 1=15mm lens, still sealed in original cellophane and with unopened film in box with instruction manual, etc, 37.5cm highRead more
- Low estimate
- 500 GBP
Blog posts about "McTear's Auctioneers"
- Rare painting by Glasgow artist returns home after a century
- A rare painting by one of Glasgow's most famous artists is returning to the city following 120 years overseas.
Realised prices "McTear's Auctioneers "
- 9CT GOLD BRACELET AND CHAIN
- 9CT GOLD BRACELET AND CHAIN McTear's Auctioneers
- EMERALD AND DIAMOND CLUSTER RING the central oval brilliant cut emerald of approximately 0
- EMERALD AND DIAMOND CLUSTER RING the central oval brilliant cut emerald of approximately 0.33 carats surrounded by brilliant cut diamonds, in nine carat gold, size M McTear's Auctioneers
- EIGHTEEN CARAT GOLD DIAMOND SET BRACELET set with brilliant cut stones totalling approximately 0.60 carats
- EIGHTEEN CARAT GOLD DIAMOND SET BRACELET set with brilliant cut stones totalling approximately 0.60 carats McTear's Auctioneers
- BRITANNIA GOLD PROOF COIN SET DATED 1987 in a fitted case
- BRITANNIA GOLD PROOF COIN SET DATED 1987 in a fitted case McTear's Auctioneers
- GENTLEMAN'S 1980s SLIM LINE STAINLESS STEEL SEIKO QUARTZ WRISTWATCH reference 6430-5160, calibre 7430
- GENTLEMAN'S 1980s SLIM LINE STAINLESS STEEL SEIKO QUARTZ WRISTWATCH reference 6430-5160, calibre 7430 quartz movement, the signed silvered dial with gilt twelve o'clock marker, gilt hands, signed stainless steel case numbered 310216 with gold plated bezel, 30mm x 34mm, fitted with a stainless steel bracelet strap with folding clasp, 225mm McTear's Auctioneers
Find address and telephone number to McTear's Auctioneers