Paddle8 is an online auction house, connecting buyers and sellers of fine art and collectibles across the world. Paddle8 offer two types of auctions: monthly themed auctions, and benefit auctions in collaboration with non-profits.
Paddle8's themed auctions are a low-cost, easy-to-use auction platform for buyers and sellers of fine art and collectibles. The auctions are curated by influential cultural figures, publications, and institutions to fit various themes. Paddle8 commission structure is significantly discounted from market norms: a flat 6% for vendors and 12% for buyers. Other costs, including shipping, insurance, and storage are minimized or eliminated by shipping goods directly from sellers without any intermediaries. This minimizes costs for sellers, while creating transparency and ease of purchase for buyers. Paddle8 does not disclose post-sale records publicly, so consignors can offer works anonymously and never "burn" works if they do not sell. The auctions offer succinct lot information, including price records, news and collections.
Paddle8's benefit auctions allows non-profit institutions to run their auctions online, either in a fully virtually capacity or as a pre-selling collaboration prior to a live auction. Paddle8 has collaborated with over 150 organizations, museums, and foundations worldwide, from the Royal Academy to Los Angeles County Museum of Art to the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Benefit partners are able to expand their audience of supporters through Paddle8's wide network of collectors. Paddle8's collectors are able to participate remotely in auctions from across the world, without paying high ticket prices for attendance, and benefit from access to great art, no buyer's premium, and certain tax alleviations.
- Low estimate
- 1 100 GBP
Blog posts about "Paddle8"
- The Artist: Dennis Hopper
- ''Our eyes are hungry all the time, and they have to be fed with colour and light and flesh and humour.'' - Dennis Hopper
- Auctionata | Paddle8 announce new CEO Thomas Hesse
- In May of this year, Paddle8 and Auctionata merged to form Auctionata | Paddle8. This week they announced that Thomas Hesse, previously CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, will replace Auctionata founder and previous CEO Alexander Zacke.
- Why Generation Y is vital to online art market growth: The Hiscox Online Art Trade Report 2016
- The Hiscox Online Art Trade Report is out for 2016, here at Barnebys, we have broken down the report and found that Generation Y and new buyers present the online art market with exciting growth.
- Spencer Tunick wants Hull to get naked for his latest project
- Photographer Spencer Tunick, best known for his images of mass nude gatherings, is inviting the locals of Hull to take part in his latest project.
- Save Wild Tigers and Paddle8 present "Be Inspired"
- From 22nd September to today, 13 works created around the of wild tigers are on exhibition at London's Cafe Royal in. Save Wild Tigers and Paddle8 have collaborated on the sale in order to raise awareness of the dangers wild tigers are facing in the wild today, as the beautiful creature faces becoming extinct.
Realised prices "Paddle8 "
Find address and telephone number to Paddle8