Operating in London for more than 25 years, Roseberys is a privately owned specialist fine art and antiques auction house, with offices in in the heart of the London’s Mayfair and Lambeth.
The team of experienced experts and consultants offer both buyers and sellers a range of specialist art market services and a calendar of more than 12 annual Fine Art and Antique auctions covering all areas of Asian Arts, Modern and Contemporary Art, Decorative Arts and Modern Design, Fine Ceramics, Glass, Silver and Jewellery, Paintings, Collectors’ Items, Works of Art, Fine Wine and Whisky, Works on Paper, Textiles, Vintage Fashion, Antique Picture Frames and Antique Furniture.
A regular calendar of specialist sales are complemented by the sale of single owner collections undertaken on behalf of private individuals. Past auctions include the sale of the largest private collection of rare prints and bronzes by the artist Salvador Dali to appear on the market in London.
Roseberys are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
- United Kingdom
Geoffrey Raymond Reeve ARCA, British b. 1936- Three pop art neck decorations, 1967-68; coloured plastic in varying shapes and sizes, strung together with aluminium chains, accompanied with artist's containers, (3) Note: Designed and manufactured 1967-68 by the artist and sold in various boutiques in West London, including Biba and Bustop. Related examples of costume jewellery designed by the same artist were retailed by Peter Robinson, Top Shop, London.Read more
A large silver plated Dunhill lighter, 20th century, registered design no. 737418, patent no. 390107, together with another Dunhill lighter and a Dupont gold plated lighter, inset with black enamel panels, with two Chinese characters to the front, in a case (3)Read more
Tim Vyner, British early 21st century; ''London 2012- Day 12 Souvenir Poster''; iPad drawing printed on Hahnemühle photo rag, acid free archival paper, signed lower right, 42x60cm (unframed) (rolled); Mark Thomas, British early 21st century- ''Funky Gherkin'', coloured photograph, numbered 2/650 in pencil, 32x38cm (2) (ARR)Read more
British School, late 18th century- ''A View of the Bank of England, Threadneedle Street, London''; hand coloured engraving, Publ. for Bowles & Carver, 1797, 29.2x43cm: Daniel Turner, British act. 1782-1817- ''View of Blackfriars Bridge and St. Paul's, from the Patent Shot Manufactory on the South Side of the River''; hand coloured aquatint, publ. by Laurie & Whittle, Fleet Street, London, September 1, 1803, 28.4x40.4cm: James Tilbitts Willmore ARA, British 1800-1863- ''London From the Upper Gallery of the Steeple of St. Bride's Church'', c.1840, after Thomas Allom; hand coloured engraving, 32.4x57.1cm, (3)Read more
A life sized papier mache and plaster composition model of a grey dappled stallion, late 19th/early 20th century, modelled standing with horse hair tail on a green painted rectangular base, white enamelled label to base Chevaux Grandeur Naturelle Ch. Charpentier 32 Rue de la Tombe-Issoire 37 Paris , 197cm high x 210cm approx longRead more
James Wyld, British 1812-1887- ''Wyld's New Plan of London'', published in 1870, original colour, wood engraving, laid on linen, 56 x 98cm (unframed) Note: A detailed plan of London with eleven vignettes of notable buildings in the margin, originally issued to coincide with the Great Exhibition of 1851. This detailed plan of London displays both title and distance scale in English, French and German. Eleven vignettes of various landmarks including St. Paul's Cathedral, House of Parliament, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, and the Crystal Palace ,site of the Great Exhibition. Originally issued to coincide with the Great Exhibition of 1851.Read more
Hermes, a silk scarf by Hermes Paris, 'Vaisseavx et Frégates' by Philippe Ledoux, depicting various tall masted ships, cream ground with black border, approx 89cm x 83cm., together with a Burberry scarf, London, silk scarf, featuring knights in armour, on horseback, dusky pink and gold on a cream ground, approx 88cm x 85cm (2)Read more
Sebastian Münster, German 1488- 1552- A map of Paris; c.1560, German text edition, hand coloured woodcut, 27 x 32 cm, (unframed) Note: An early and attractive town plan of Paris from Munster's Cosmographia. Showing two coats of armsRead more
A milk glass London street sign, early 20th century, 'South Molton Street, City of Westminster,' 26x85cm Note: This is an iconic London street. South Molton Street is in Mayfair which runs from Oxford Street to Brook Street. This sign is from a period when the area was known as 'W' whilst now it is known as 'W1'Read more
Thomas Bowles, British c.1695-1767- ''The Inside View of the Royal Exchange at London''; hand coloured engraving, printed for Carington Bowles, St. Paul's Church Yard, John Bowles, Cornhill, and Robert Sayer, Fleet Street, London, 29.7x42.6cm: together with eight similar hand coloured engravings by Thomas Bowles and others, depicting various London street scenes and buildings in the 18th century, ea. approx. 29.7x42.6cm, (9)Read more
A mid 19th century map of London and its suburbs, printed by B R Davies, 1862, in twelve sections, mounted on linen with areas of colour, London July 1 1862, published by B R 16 George Str Euston Squ. E. Stannford, 6 Charing Cross: & letts and Co Royal Exchange, 70cm x 108.5cm (unframed)Read more
Roberto Luigi Valente, Italian b.1926- ''River Seine''; oil on canvas, signed on the lower right, accompanied with a certificate of authentication by the curator at the Sygum Museum of Wales, 31x41cm, (ARR) Provenance: Private Collection London purchased from Sydgum Museum of Wales in 2007Read more
Plan of part of the Lesney Estate, Erith, Kent, The Property of Captain Wheatle; a map showing proposed alterations and building arrangement of about 250 acres of land ''To be Let on Lease for 99 Years at a very moderate Ground Rent'', London, c.1873, tinted lithographic map, sheet 69 x 99cm, (unframed) Note: The map would have been published as part of the prospectus for selling suburban houses. This represents the beginning of the commuter trains to London's middle-class workers who could take advantage of the railways. The map notes that the railway station is '½ hour's journey from London'. : A developer's plan of the Lesney Estate, east of Erith Railway Station, with recognisable roads including Avenue Road, Park Crescent and Bexley Road (A220). Orientated with north to the bottom of the map, it shows the division of the estate into detached and semidetached properties, and mark 'The Proposed Site for Lecture Hall, Public Library & Reading Rooms, Market Place, etc'. Along the Thames are Erith Gardens and a 'Proposed Esplanade'.Read more
Blog posts about "Roseberys"
- Asian Art in London
- The 18th annual Asian Art in London festival runs until 14th November.
- Indian Summer: All that glitters
- Indian gold and precious metals are some of the finest in the world and make the perfect finishing touches to any living space.
- Modern and Contemporary Indian art superstars at Roseberys
- This month Roseberys will be holding their third sale of the year dedicated to Islamic & Indian Arts on 6th October. Featured in the 264 lot auction will be an incredible selection of Traditional & Modern Indian Miniature Paintings, Tribal Art as well as Modern and Contemporary Indian artworks.
- Scottish artist William York MacGregor breaks record at Roseberys
- A record was set for the Scottish artist and landscape painter, William York MacGregor at Roseberys, London in their Fine Art auction on 30th June.
- Contemporary Indian Art and Grayson Perry at Roseberys
- Roseberys will be offering impressive works Contemporary Indian Artist Jogan Chowdhury, Grayson Perry and more in sales taking place on Monday 29th June and Tuesday 29th June.
Realised prices "Roseberys "
- British School, mid/late 20th century- ''Curtsy''; oil on panel, signed
- British School, mid/late 20th century- ''Curtsy''; oil on panel, signed with initials 'RHB' and dated 1965, 182.5x91.5cm Roseberys
- WITHDRAWN LOT - A first half 20th century Moorish occasional table
- WITHDRAWN LOT - A first half 20th century Moorish occasional table, with geometric ebony and mother of pearl inlay overall, raised on pierced supports, 68 cm high x 57 cm wide x 57 cm deep. Roseberys
- An early 20th century walnut chest of drawers, with two short over
- An early 20th century walnut chest of drawers, with two short over three long graduated drawers, flanked by channel mouldings to the front stiles, 99 cm high x 103 cm wide x 50 cm deep. Roseberys
- Rody Luton, British late 20th/early 21st century- Untitled composition;
- Rody Luton, British late 20th/early 21st century- Untitled composition; mixed technique collage, signed, 72x83cm, (may be subject to Droit de Suite) Roseberys
- Edward Wolfe RA, South African/British 1896/97-1981- Study of Lady
- Edward Wolfe RA, South African/British 1896/97-1981- Study of Lady Bonham-Carter, seated half-length; charcoal, squared, signed, 114x75cm, (may be subject to Droit de Suite) Roseberys
- Roseberys has 79 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Roseberys