PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
Blog posts about "PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers"
Realised prices "PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers "
- 34: Bukowski Crucifix in a Deathhand signed limited
- Title: Crucifix in a DeathhandAuthor: Bukowski, CharlesDescription: 101 pp. With preliminary leaves of various colors and differing widths. Illustrations by Noel Rockmore. 12¼x8¼, original pictorial wrappers with folding flaps, pages and covers printed on heavy stock paper, original paper band placed inside book. One of 3100 copies hand printed on hand-made paper, designed, printed and bound by Louise and Jon Webb. First Edition.Also present is a second wrap-around band, this copy on orange paper. Signed by Charles Bukowski and dated 3-19-65 in pink ink on page facing colophon. Gypsy Lou series #2. Krumhansl 15.Heading: Place Published: [New Orleans] / New YorkPublisher: A Loujon Press Award Book / Lyle Stuart Inc.Date Published:  PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
- Himalayan Journal , 30 volumes
- Heading: (Mountaineering)Author: Title: The Himalayan Journal. Records of the Himalayan ClubPlace Published: Calcutta, IndiaPublisher:Date Published: 1929-1970Description: 30 volumes. Unbroken run, Volumes I-XXX. Plates from photographs & maps (some folding). (8vo) 22x14.5 cm (8¾x5¾"), original wrappers.First thirty volumes of this significant mountaineering journal. chronicling the conquests of the highest peaks on the planet. Provenance: Timothy Treacy.Due to the size and/or weight of this lot extra shipping charges may apply. PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
- 11 paperbacks on various drugs & their social issues
- Heading: (Drugs)Author: Title: Eleven paperbacks about drugs and social issues related to drugsPlace Published: Various placesPublisher:Date Published: Various datesDescription: _x000D_Includes:_x000D__x000D__x000D_Wakefield, Dan. The Addict. 1st Premier printing. Premier Book, ._x000D__x000D_Gustaitis, Rasa. Turning On. 1st printing. Signet Book / New American Library, ._x000D__x000D_Louira, Donald B. The Drug Scene. Bantam Books, ._x000D__x000D_Power, Jed. Drug Antiques: A Photographic Look at Old & Unusual Drug Artifacts and Rarities. 1st printing. Cape Ann Antiques, ._x000D__x000D_Goode, Erich. Drugs in American Society. 1st edition. Knopf / Borzoi, ._x000D__x000D_Mathison, Richard. The Shocking History of Drugs. Ballantine Books, ._x000D__x000D_Horman, Richard E., editor. Drug Awareness. 1st Avon printing. Discus / Avon Books, ._x000D__x000D_Larner, Jeremy, editor. The Addict in the Street. 1st Zebra edition. Grove Press, ._x000D__x000D_What Everyone Needs to Know About Drugs. U.S. News & World Report, ._x000D__x000D_Lingeman, Richard R. Drugs from A to Z: A Dictionary. McGraw-Hill, ._x000D__x000D_Nahal, Chaman, editor. Drugs and the Other Self: An Anthology of Spiritual Transformations. 1st Perennial Library edition, ._x000D__x000D__x000D_Great selection of works about drugs and their societal effects. PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
- 16th century Military treatise with woodcuts
- Heading: Author: Vegetius Renatus, FlaviusTitle: De re Militari Libri Quatuor. Sextus Julius Frontini viri consularis de stragematis libri totidem; Aelianus: de instruendis aciebus liber unus; Modesti de vocabulis rei militaris liber item unus. Item picturae bellicae CXX passim Vegetio adiectae. Collata sunt omnia ad antiquos codices, maxime Budaei quod testabitur AelianusPlace Published: Lutetiae [i.e. Paris]Publisher:Christianum WechelumDate Published: 1532Description: _x000D_, 279,  pp. With woodcut illustrations on title-page & its verso, woodcut of a lansquenet facing the first page of text and repeated at the end of the text, 119 full-page wood-cuts, one half-page wood-cut diagram, decorative wood-cut initials, typographic illustrations in the text depicting military maneuvers. (sm. folio) 32.8x21.5 cm. (13x8½"), period calf stamped in gilt._x000D__x000D_First edition published in France of this important publication related to Medieval Military armament and strategies, featuring early wook-cut techniques and 3-dimensional paraline elevation oblique representations, as well as typographic innovations. covers with the supralibros in bright gilt of Petrus de Villars Cardinal Archbishop of Austria and an ink inscription on the title page noting it is from his library. Fairfax notes: “120 full-page cuts of military engines & c... several resembling those in Valturius but evidently adapted mostly in reverse from the edition of Erfurt 1511. Among the more remarkable cuts, not represented in the Valturius, are pneumatic beds, similar boots for walking in the water, diving dresses, improved firearms, and ‘armoured train’, impenetrable footwear, etc...." Originally a treatise of Roman warfare and military principles written in the late Roman Empire, and a presentation of methods and practices in use during the height of Rome's power, this also became an important military guide in the Middle Ages. Mortimer, French XVIth Century books, II, 535; Fairfax-Murray, Early French Books, II, 560. PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
- Bridge of San Luis Rey signed by Wilder and Kent
- Heading: (Kent, Rockwell)Author: Wilder, ThorntonTitle: The Bridge of San Luis ReyPlace Published: New YorkPublisher:Albert & Charles BoniDate Published: 1929Description: Illustrated by Rockwell Kent. 10½x7¼, color pictorial cloth designed by Kent, gilt-lettered leather spine label, publisher's slipcase. No. 843 of 1100 copies.Signed by the author and artist in the colophon. PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers
- PBA Galleries Auctions Appraisers has 0 objects in the categories.