Toovey's was established with the aim to create a regional centre of excellence for the valuation and sale by auction of antiques, collectors' items and fine art in the south-east of England, combining an international standard of expertise and marketing with the efficiency and flexibility that only a provincial auction house can offer.
As a family-owned and family-run firm, Toovey's independence enables the auction house to provide a personal service, tailor-made for both private and professional clients' needs, with a view to building successful, long-term business relationships.
Toovey's are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
- United Kingdom
Blog posts about "Toovey's"
- Pretty as a picture: A brief history of Blue and white pottery
- Since it was introduced to China in the 14th century, Blue and white pottery has stood the test of time as one of the most elegant decorative arts.
- The Young Victoria look
- Last month, ITV's The Young Victoria took Sunday nights by storm. Victoria's romantic adoration for PM Lord Melbourne; her trials and tribulations as a 4ft 11 queen and a fairytale with Prince Albert were all played out against a backdrop of stunning sets.
- Back to nature: Arts and Crafts jewellery
- The Art and Crafts movement, which was developed during the later half of the 19th century, came about as artists' and desigers' reaction to an ever-industrialising world. Machinery, mass production and factories were all rejected by Arts and Cratfs followers in favour of hand-crafted pieces.
- Made in China: There's more to Chinese export than what's white and blue
- From its beginnings in the 17th century, Chinese export porcelain has intrigued both collectors from the West and East. Made with the same impeccable technique as the highly desirable Chinese Imperial porcelain, export pieces were the fruits of both Chinese and Western tastes and talents.
- Winston Churchill commemorative coin up for auction
- With the recent political upheaval surrounding the prime minister, it seems most fitting to explore a piece coming up for auction which commemorates Sir Winston Churchill.
Realised prices "Toovey's "
- A LATE 19TH CENTURY WALNUT AND EBONIZED MANTEL TIMEPIECE
- A late 19th Century walnut and ebonized mantel timepiece, the white enamel dial with black Roman numerals, the case with break bowfront plinth, height approx 20.5cm, with pendulum. Toovey's
- PAUL EUGÈNE BRETON - 'SALAMMBO'
- Paul Eugne Breton - 'Salammbo', an Art Deco silvered cast bronze full-length nude figure of the Carthaginian Priestess, holding both arms aloft, her ankles restrained by a pair of chained cuffs, the titled lion mask base bearing cast signature 'P. Breton', height approx 88.5cm. Toovey's
- AN AFGHAN RUNNER, MODERN
- An Afghan runner, modern, the ivory field with overall leaves and vines, within a complimentary border, approx 298cm x 87cm. Toovey's
- A PALISSY STYLE OVAL DISH
- A Palissy style oval dish, 19th Century, possibly by Thomas Victor Sergent, moulded in relief and applied with a central pike surrounded by other creatures, including a frog, crayfish, shells, smaller fish, dragonfly, snake, lizard, snail and moth amongst ferns, leaves and branches, picked out in green, brown, yellow and blue tones, length approx 44cm (minor restoration). Toovey's
- A 19TH CENTURY FOUR SECTION TREEN SPICE TOWER OF CYLINDRICAL FORM
- A 19th Century four section treen spice tower of cylindrical form, labelled 'Mace', 'All-Spice', 'Ginger' and 'Nutmegs', on a moulded plinth base, height approx 19cm. Toovey's
- Toovey's has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Toovey's