Toovey's was established with the aim to create a regional centre of excellence for the valuation and sale by auction of antiques, collectors' items and fine art in the south-east of England, combining an international standard of expertise and marketing with the efficiency and flexibility that only a provincial auction house can offer.
As a family-owned and family-run firm, Toovey's independence enables the auction house to provide a personal service, tailor-made for both private and professional clients' needs, with a view to building successful, long-term business relationships.
Toovey's are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
- United Kingdom
Blog posts about "Toovey's"
- Pretty as a picture: A brief history of Blue and white pottery
- Since it was introduced to China in the 14th century, Blue and white pottery has stood the test of time as one of the most elegant decorative arts.
- The Young Victoria look
- Last month, ITV's The Young Victoria took Sunday nights by storm. Victoria's romantic adoration for PM Lord Melbourne; her trials and tribulations as a 4ft 11 queen and a fairytale with Prince Albert were all played out against a backdrop of stunning sets.
- Back to nature: Arts and Crafts jewellery
- The Art and Crafts movement, which was developed during the later half of the 19th century, came about as artists' and desigers' reaction to an ever-industrialising world. Machinery, mass production and factories were all rejected by Arts and Cratfs followers in favour of hand-crafted pieces.
- Made in China: There's more to Chinese export than what's white and blue
- From its beginnings in the 17th century, Chinese export porcelain has intrigued both collectors from the West and East. Made with the same impeccable technique as the highly desirable Chinese Imperial porcelain, export pieces were the fruits of both Chinese and Western tastes and talents.
- Winston Churchill commemorative coin up for auction
- With the recent political upheaval surrounding the prime minister, it seems most fitting to explore a piece coming up for auction which commemorates Sir Winston Churchill.
Realised prices "Toovey's "
- AFTER J.B. PYNE - TOPOGRAPHICAL VIEWS, FIVE 19TH CENTURY MONOCHROME LITHOGRAPHS
- After J.B. Pyne - Topographical Views, five 19th Century monochrome lithographs, approx 30cm x 40cm to 28.5cm x 36cm, together with a collection of prints after Landseer. Toovey's
- AN EDWARDIAN MALACCA WALKING CANE WITH FOLIATE ENGRAVED SILVER TOP
- An Edwardian Malacca walking cane with foliate engraved silver top, Birmingham 1903, together with another silver mounted walking stick and two umbrellas. Toovey's
- AN AFGHAN CHICHI DESIGN RUG
- An Afghan Chichi design rug, late 20th Century, the midnight blue field with overall multiple guls, within a terracotta border, approx 200cm x 180cm. Toovey's
- A MID-20TH CENTURY BRASS LANTERN STYLE MANTEL TIMEPIECE WITH EMPIRE MOVEMENT
- A mid-20th Century brass lantern style mantel timepiece with Empire movement, the 17th Century style case with typical bell surmount above a silvered chapter ring with Roman numerals, on turned feet, the side panel with engraved presentation inscription, height approx 25.5cm. Toovey's
- TWO MARTIN BOYD EARTHENWARE MUGS
- Two Martin Boyd earthenware mugs, 1950s, each decorated with aboriginal style figures and motifs, incised marks to bases. Toovey's
- Toovey's has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Toovey's