Wright is the premier auction house specializing in modern and contemporary design. Wright was founded in 2000 by Richard Wright, whom with more than 30 years of experience is widely recognized as the expert in modern design. Since its founding in 2000, Wright has sold more than 40,000 lots across the spectrum of 20th and 21st century art and design and has pioneered whole fields of collecting, transforming the market for modern design. Rooted in their history of selling architect designed furniture from Frank Lloyd Wright to Frank Gehry, Wright introduced the sale of Important Architecture at auction. Wright has successfully sold Pierre Koenig’s Case Study House 21, offered Louis Kahn’s Esherick House to wide acclaim and brought the Empire State Building archive to auction.
Wright champions the preservation of Modern Architecture in America and has a unique niche in the architecture market. Beginning with their very first sale, Wright has continuously handled art of the 20th century. From Bertoia to Warhol, Wright has presented fine art of the past century at auction with strong and dependable results and holds a distinctive place within the market. Through their catalogs, photography, website, essays and curated sales, Wright embraces the creative spirit of design and constantly strives to present works in innovative, fresh and informative ways. Coupled with Wrights expertise, their creativity allows them to approach things differently further distinguishing Wright within the auction industry
Blog posts about "Wright"
- Tropic Thunder
- Shake off the cobwebs this January, as we predict tropical interiors will be causing quite the storm.
- 6 beautiful homes and 6 issues of House & Garden for £6
- Over 570 000 readers turned to House & Garden for inspiration, why not join them?
- From the ashes: Restored fireplaces
- With salvage antiques and architectural pieces making their way into the most stylish of homes, check out Barnebys guide to reclaimed interior design.
- 7 of the most fabulous chairs on Barnebys right now
- Leopard-shaped or illuminated, the title says it all...
- A new dawn for Design
- It's no secret that homes around the world are fit to burst with Scandinavian design. An increasing number of auction houses are focusing on curating Design sales to meet the increased demand. Bukowskis this week launched their first Modern & Nordic Design sale.
Realised prices "Wright "
- Double Dell table lamp, model 6580
- Christian Dell\nDouble Dell table lamp, model 6580\nKaiser & Co.\nGermany, 1933\nenameled metal, chrome-plated brass, Bakelite\n38 w x 8 d x 25 h inches\n\nSigned with molded manufacturer’s marks to each shade: [Original Kaiser-idell]. Wright
- Desk chair
- Odelberg Olsen\nDesk chair\nKnoll\nUSA/Sweden, c. 1950\nbirch laminate, mild steel\n16.5 w x 19 d x 29 h inches\n\nSigned with factory label. Branded on bottom: [Made in Sweden]. Wright
- Lounge chairs, pair
- Edward Wormley\nLounge chairs, pair\nDunbar\nUSA, c.1957\nrosewood, upholstery\n29 w x 33.5 d x 27.5 h inches\n\nThe legs of this pair of chairs are made of solid rosewood. Dunbar decking. Wright
- Apple Honey chair
- Shiro Kuramata\nApple Honey chair\nUMS-Pastoe\nJapan / The Netherlands, 1986\nchrome-plated and enameled steel, vinyl\n18.75 w x 20 d x 28.75 h inches\n\nLiterature: Shiro Kuramata 1934-1991, Hara et al., pg. 175 Wright
- Monumental Incamiciato vase, model 3548
- Tomaso Buzzi\nMonumental Incamiciato vase, model 3548\nVenini\nItaly, c. 1932\nencased glass with gold leaf\n8.75 w x 5.25 d x 17.75 h inches\nSigned with applied foil retailer's label to underside: [Caliari Venini Via Cavour. 7 Torino].\nliterature: Venini Glass: Its History, Artists, Techniques, Deboni, blue catalog, pg. 30 Wright
Find address and telephone number to Wright