Based in Asheville, North Carolina, Brunk Auctions has grown from a small regional auction house to a national auction service with an international clientele.
Founded by Robert Brunk in 1983, the auctions became well known for their integrity and professionalism. Bob brought to bear his experience as an anthropologist, writer and professional woodworker, an unmistakable combination of skills that continue to illuminate catalog entries and elucidate auction-goers. Bob is now a valued consultant and continues as auctioneer. Andrew Brunk joined his father in 2005. His curatorial experience has brought additional focus on research and connoisseurship. His experience as the head of the American furniture department at one of the world’s largest auction houses has allowed Brunk to continually align themselves with the best in the business – in terms of expertise and exceptional client service.
The auction house boasts a 26,000-foot multimedia auction gallery welcomes visitors and clients to auctions every 6-8 weeks.
Blog posts about "Brunk Auctions"
Realised prices "Brunk Auctions "
- Armless ladderback rocking chair
- Armless ladderback rocking chair, probably Ohio Shaker, distinctive rockers with comma cutouts at front end, four backs with tapered front edges all approximately 2-1/2", rear posts curly maple, old refinishing, traces original orange paint, replaced fiber seat in poor condition, one front round broken, 41", see Muller and Rieman, "The Shaker Chair," page 98 and following for similar examples (Bookout Collection) Brunk Auctions
- Henk Bos painting
- (Dutch, 1901-1979), still life with oranges, broken cup and pewter tankard, signed lower right "Henk Bos", oil on canvas, 12 x 13-3/4 in.; linen and gilt silver frame. Brunk Auctions
- Continental Engraved Dip-Molded
- Decanter and Stopper early 19th century, flat rim over neck with three applied triangular rings, slightly barrel-shaped body and copper wheel engraved decoration with two slender interlaced garlands forming three oval reserves, central reserve with "JW" on field of stars, other two reserves with scattered stars, band of dip-molded ribbing around base, plain bottom with pontil scar, 9 in.,\n\nwear to rim, stopper a later Victorian replacement, chips and wear to stopper Brunk Auctions
- Pair Porcelain Bowls
- Chinese, Guangxu period (1875-1908), interiors with prunus tree, daffodils, other flowers, exteriors with three iron-red bats, bases with red six-character Guangxu marks, 1-3/4 x 6-3/8 in., with fabric-covered box, Brunk Auctions
- Edovard Drouot bronze (French
- Edovard Drouot bronze (French, 1859-1945), two blacksmiths shoeing a horse, signed in base "E. Drouot", patinated bronze, 13-3/4 x 20 x 8 in. Wear to brown patination. Brunk Auctions
- Brunk Auctions has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Brunk Auctions