Simpson Galleries is once again very proud to offer you this collection of fine art and antiques. These collections come from some of the finest homes and multi generational families in Houston.
Simpson is delighted to highlight a few exceptional items from each of their perspective categories. Offering an 18K Gold and Fancy Yellow diamond lady's ring centering a radiant cut diamond weighing 6.25 Cts in the house's fine jewellery department. Also in this department Simpson's offers many items by designer David Webb and A.M. Gerard, Paris.
In their Fine Art department Simpson's has examples by Emil Gruppe, including a rare scene depicting "Water Lillies". Other works by Edouard Cortes and Joseph Coomans are included as well. The house's furniture department boasts items from America, Germany, France, China and England. Each piece carefully selected for its quality and craftsmanship.
One such item is the important Louis XVI revival gilt and chased bronze mounted armoire by Mon. Krieger, Paris circa 1880. The bronze work is described as "jewel-like" and is truly one of the finest examples of late 19th century French furniture that Simpson have ever offered. The decorative arts and accessories department has outdone itself as well. Featuring items by Tiffany, Baccarat, Lalique, as well as many others of comparable quality and elegance.
In addition to these noteworthy items, Simpson Galleries will also be offering their usual blend of pre-columbian, crystal, china, porcelain, silver, Russian works, and rare books.
Blog posts about "Simpson Galleries"
- Master work by Dutch painter Johannes Christiaan Schotel
- Simpson Galleries Fine Art & Antiques sale next month includes a master work of art by Dutch painter Johannes Christiaan Schotel, as well as pieces dating from the early 17th century through the late 20th century, including American art and Mid-century modern design.
Realised prices "Simpson Galleries "
- 276: A massive antique Chinese gilt-bronze and blue-gro
- A massive antique Chinese gilt-bronze and blue-ground Tang horse, shown four square with head slightly lowered and pricked ears, the mane, hooves, hogged tail, and harness of gilt bronze, the body enameled in shades with foliates and dragon scrolls, the caparisoning with interlocking flowerheads, On custom hardwood stand. Height: 56 1/2", length: 76" Simpson Galleries
- A SET OF TWELVE CRISTAL D'ARQUES-DURAND SATINE FROSTED
- A SET OF TWELVE CRISTAL D'ARQUES-DURAND SATINE FROSTED AND CLEAR CRYSTAL CHAMPAGNE FLUTES, "FLORENCE" PATTERN, 20TH CENTURY, each with a clear trumpet form bowl cradled by a frosted stylized lily bulb leading to a clear paneled stem headed by a bulbous scalloped cuff and ending in a wide rimmed foot. Height: 7 3/4" Clear crystal bowls and frosted figural stems in good condition, with no large chips, cracks, or repairs. Little to no scuffs or scratches. Unmarked. Simpson Galleries strongly encourages in-person inspection of items by the bidder. Statements by Simpson Galleries regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Simpson Galleries. All lots offered are sold "AS IS." Simpson Galleries
- after EDGAR DEGAS (French 1834-1917) A DRAWING, "Study
- after EDGAR DEGAS (French 1834-1917) A DRAWING, "Study of a Nude Female," on paper, signed L/L. 18 1/2" x 11 1/2" Simpson Galleries
- 370: A PLATINUM AND DIAMOND LADY'S RING, the mounting c
- A PLATINUM AND DIAMOND LADY'S RING, the mounting centering a pear shaped diamond weighing approximately 7.42 cts. flanked by two tapered baguette diamonds weighing approximately 1.00 cts. Simpson Galleries
- 377: JOHN HOYLAND (British 1934 - ) A PAINTING, "Waiti
- JOHN HOYLAND (British 1934 - ) A PAINTING, "Waiting," acrylic on canvas. Signed on verso. 27 1/2" x 19 3/4". Simpson Galleries
- Simpson Galleries has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Simpson Galleries