Simpson Galleries is once again very proud to offer you this collection of fine art and antiques. These collections come from some of the finest homes and multi generational families in Houston.
Simpson is delighted to highlight a few exceptional items from each of their perspective categories. Offering an 18K Gold and Fancy Yellow diamond lady's ring centering a radiant cut diamond weighing 6.25 Cts in the house's fine jewellery department. Also in this department Simpson's offers many items by designer David Webb and A.M. Gerard, Paris.
In their Fine Art department Simpson's has examples by Emil Gruppe, including a rare scene depicting "Water Lillies". Other works by Edouard Cortes and Joseph Coomans are included as well. The house's furniture department boasts items from America, Germany, France, China and England. Each piece carefully selected for its quality and craftsmanship.
One such item is the important Louis XVI revival gilt and chased bronze mounted armoire by Mon. Krieger, Paris circa 1880. The bronze work is described as "jewel-like" and is truly one of the finest examples of late 19th century French furniture that Simpson have ever offered. The decorative arts and accessories department has outdone itself as well. Featuring items by Tiffany, Baccarat, Lalique, as well as many others of comparable quality and elegance.
In addition to these noteworthy items, Simpson Galleries will also be offering their usual blend of pre-columbian, crystal, china, porcelain, silver, Russian works, and rare books.
Blog posts about "Simpson Galleries"
- Master work by Dutch painter Johannes Christiaan Schotel
- Simpson Galleries Fine Art & Antiques sale next month includes a master work of art by Dutch painter Johannes Christiaan Schotel, as well as pieces dating from the early 17th century through the late 20th century, including American art and Mid-century modern design.
Realised prices "Simpson Galleries "
- 426: A JAPANESE PARCEL GILT AND PAINTED PORCELAIN FIGUR
- A JAPANESE PARCEL GILT AND PAINTED PORCELAIN FIGURE OF BUDDHA, POSSIBLY KUTANI, 19th century, modeled in a seated position with tightly curled hair above a serene face and wearing a flowing white robe of parcel gilt and green painted foliage amongst scattered white enameled lingzhi, set within a rectangular glass paneled carved hardwood display case. Height: 10 1/4". Simpson Galleries
- 247: A RUSSIAN SILVER OKLAD MOUNTED ICON OF THE RESURRE
- A RUSSIAN SILVER OKLAD MOUNTED ICON OF THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST WITH MAJOR CHURCH FEAST DAYS, CIRCA 1800, of rectangular form and enclosing polychrome painted scenes in tempera on a silver leaf ground with Cyrillic inscriptions centering the Resurrection of Christ within a silver border oklad of stylized repoussÂ fleur-de-lys, unmarked, possibly central Russia. Height: 12 1/4" Width: 10 7/8" Simpson Galleries
- 218: A COLLECTION OF TEN BOTTLES OF CABERNET SAUVIGNON,
- A COLLECTION OF TEN BOTTLES OF CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Vintage Selection, Charles Krug Winery, Napa Valley, 1984. (10) Simpson Galleries
- 157: A MID 19TH CENTURY CONTINENTAL RENAISSANCE STYLE P
- A MID 19TH CENTURY CONTINENTAL RENAISSANCE STYLE PAINTED PARCEL GILT CASSONE, the rectangular hinged top above tapered curved sides depicting maidens with a procession with horse drawn cart carrying a blindfolded Cupid before an urn beneath a standing figure, all within a mountainous landscape bordered by molded scrolling oak leaf trim, raised on a pointed arch plinth alternating scrolling blossoming foliate panels. Height: 30 7/8", width: 72 3/8', depth: 21 3/4". Simpson Galleries
- AN ART DECO MAHOGANY SIDE TABLE, CIRCA 1930,
- AN ART DECO MAHOGANY SIDE TABLE, CIRCA 1930, with a circular top raised on three shaped flat legs joined by a conforming shelf stretcher. Height: 27" Diameter: 25 1/4" Simpson Galleries
- Simpson Galleries has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Simpson Galleries