Alison Davey founded AD Antiques in 1997, and soon began to specialise in British Art Pottery, developing her interest in the aesthetic quality and originality of the works, as well as the social and political contexts that inspired their makers. Since then, Davey has developed an established client base and has vetted at many of the UK’s leading art and antiques fairs, as well as offering specialist advice to major auction houses and museums. She has also consulted on the Antiques Roadshow, and became an elected member of the BADA in 2009.
Items regularly offered by AD Antiques include works by the Martin Brothers, William de Morgan, William Moorcroft, Doulton Lambeth, Ruskin, and Wedgwood. In addition she sources examples of small studio factories such as Della Robbia, Compton and Morrisware that, along with their larger contemporaries, made important contributions to the British Arts and Crafts, Art Nouveau and Art Deco Movements.
- United Kingdom
Blog posts about "AD Antiques"
- Martin Brothers Birds continue to soar
- In recent years, the Martin Brothers Bird creations of the late 19th and early 20th centuries have soared.
- Plate it up this Pancake Day
- Are yours fluffy and thick, piled high with maple syrup, bacon, or do you go for an elegant Crêpe Suzette, or perhaps you stick to a good old fashioned thin and crispy one with plenty of sugar and lemon. However you take your pancakes, Barnebys has the perfect plates.
Realised prices "AD Antiques "
- AD Antiques has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to AD Antiques