Anderson & Garland

Established since 1840, Anderson & Garland Ltd is the leading saleroom covering the North East of England, Scottish Borders and North Yorkshire. With specialist knowledge and experience, Anderson & Garland Ltd can provide a full range of services to clients that is unrivalled in the region.

Anderson and Garland Ltd can trace their origins back to 1840 when two businessmen set up as auctioneers in Newcastle. George Hedley and William Anderson were both involved in the furniture business. Hedley was in removals and Anderson was a timber trader with interests in Burma. Together they formed Anderson, Son and Hedley, sold items by auction and provided storage of goods and removal to "all parts of the Kingdom."

Trading successfully from Pilgrim Street, this company merged with another local firm, Atkinson and Garland in 1913 to form Anderson and Garland Ltd and built Anderson House, one of the UK’s first purpose built Auction Rooms in Market Street, where it was based until 1988.

Finding Anderson House too small, the auction house moved to nearby Marlborough House in 1988 where the business was based until 2005. With new premises the auction house reverted back to the historic name of Anderson House. Like its earlier namesake, the new Anderson House is a purpose built saleroom offering modern facilities and well lit showrooms to present items for sale in the best possible setting. With a large free car park and conveniently situated next to the A1 and Newcastle Airport, Anderson House continues the mix of innovation and tradition that has been the mainstay of our business since 1840.

Anderson & Garland are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.

http://www.the-aaa.com 

Countries
  • United Kingdom

Blog posts about "Anderson & Garland"

Realised prices "Anderson & Garland "

A Royal Worcester Royal Lily pattern part dessert
A Royal Worcester Royal Lily pattern part dessert service, decorated with gilt and gros blue borders, comprising: a pair of 9 1/2in. compotes on scrolling triform feet; a pair of 9inl square-shaped dishes; a pair of 10in. oval-shaped dishes; twelve 8 1/2in. plates (some damaged). (18) Anderson & Garland
[ Modern Silver (post 1903) ] An early George V four piece tea and
[ Modern Silver (post 1903) ] An early George V four piece tea and coffee service, each piece of shaped oval form, raised on paw feet, the teapot and coffee pot with domed covers, composition canopy finials and loop handles, height of coffee pot 10.25in. (28cm), 66oz. gross approx. See illustration on page 97 Anderson & Garland
A pair of 20th Century William Kent Staffordshire
A pair of 20th Century William Kent Staffordshire figures, a pair of fruit sellers, standing on naturalistic base, 4 3/4in. (12cms) high, (restoration to female). Anderson & Garland
An Art Deco jade and gold brooch, c.1925, the
An Art Deco jade and gold brooch, c.1925, the pierced and carved jade plaque against a stepped base with three palm trees slightly graduating in size, brooch pin fitting; and a jadeite ring, the oblong pierced plaque claw set above plain mount. Anderson & Garland
Twelve Victorian teaspoons and matching sugar
Twelve Victorian teaspoons and matching sugar tongs, by Joseph Gloster, Birmingham, 1899-1900, cased; and a similar set of twelve teaspoons and matching tongs, cased, Old English pattern, all engraved initials. Anderson & Garland
Anderson & Garland has 0 objects in the categories.

Find address and telephone number to Anderson & Garland

Anderson & Garland
Anderson House
Crispin Court
Newbiggin Lane
Westerhope
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE5 1BF
T: + 44 (0) 191 4303000
F: +44 (0) 191 430 3001
Advert