With over eighty Fine Art, Country House, Antiques & Interiors and Specialist Collectors’ sales a year, Tennants is well-established as one of the leading regional auction houses in the country.
As a fourth generation family-run business, based in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, we are extremely proud of both the personal service we offer and the highly skilled and knowledgeable team of specialists who head up twenty-two diverse departments
The acclaimed, purpose-built auction house in Leyburn boasts three salerooms, viewing areas, a mezzanine gallery and conference rooms for specialist sales, exhibitions and events.
There is free parking for six hundred cars, a restaurant serving throughout the day, facilities for the disabled and undercover loading and unloading areas for deliveries and collections.
There are also offices in Harrogate and Oakham where regular valuation days and events are held. A network of regional agents (including London) ensures a Tennants’ representative is never far away.
Objects "Tennants Auctioneers"
A Roman cast bronze ear from a life-size head or statue, circa 200 AD-400 AD, anatomically correct and from the right side of a high status cast bronze head, remnants of hair visible, 7cm high x 5cm wide x 3cm deep. Found and recorder by the PAS, found at Brompton on Swale, North Yorkshire, with documentation and illustrated p.304 Portable Antiquities and Treasure Annual Report 2008Read more
A green glazed pierced tile fragment, Turkey, circa 1500 AD, by repute from the Green Mosque, Bursa, (Mosque of Mehmed I), 10cm wide, with 3 Persian painted pottery tiles, circa 18th-19th century, of foliate decoration, largest 13cm x 13cm, a Delft painted terracotta tile, decorated with bluebells and one further painted with a birdRead more
A collection of ancient American First Nations Neolithic carved stone arrowheads and spearheads, 2000-3000 BCE one bearing text 'Indiana, US', 10 cm high, others by repute from Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania, Ex J Meador coll, IlRead more
Blog posts about "Tennants Auctioneers"
- Whisky and Bourbon: An intoxicating investment?
- It takes a certain kind of dedication to collect a rare whisky rather than consume it. Where a vintage wine may take decades to reach perfection, single malt whisky and bourbon is already aged in barrels for up to 50 years, so why wait? Maybe those years mean extra flavour but without opening and tasting the contents, how would you know?
- Spectre spectacular: 007 Rolex hits the market this autumn
- It seems Bond really is the name on everyone's lips. The 24th James Bond film smashed records for a movie released on a Monday as it made more than £41 million in ticket sales on its release.
Realised prices "Tennants Auctioneers "
- Three 1950's And Later Evening Dresses including 'Elizabeth Henry...
- Three 1950's And Later Evening Dresses including 'Elizabeth Henry of London' brown and cream satin full length dress with a ruched black velvet waist band and black beaded trims; light brown jersey Grecian style full length dress with beaded detailing to the bodice; 'John Selby London' black, brown and cream patterned strapless cocktail dress with cream and brown waistband, with original label, (size 36) (3) Tennants Auctioneers
- A Satsuma Earthenware Pottery Small Koro and Cover
- A Satsuma Earthenware Pottery Small Koro and Cover, Meiji period (1868-1912) of chrysanthemum outline, the chrysanthemum pierced cover on a flat shoulder of lappets over four frieze panels painted with peonies, plum and other flowers, on trilobed low feet, three character mark in gilt, Satsuma mon in overglaze blue enamel, and red seal mark, 5.6cm high Tennants Auctioneers
- A Collection of Mainly Hornby "0" Gauge Railway Items
- A Collection of Mainly Hornby "0" Gauge Railway Items, including a clockwork 4-4-4 locomotive, a United Dairies milk tanker (both repainted), and various items of rolling stock etc. Tennants Auctioneers
- Derek Hyatt (b
- Derek Hyatt (b.1931) "Cloud Berry Hill"Signed and inscribed with the title verso, oil on board, 26cm by 32cmBorn in Ilkley, studied at Leeds College of Art 1948-1952, and Royal College of Art, editing the Ark Magazine. Held many solo exhibitions, including The Arthur Gallery, Tampa, America 1967, and a series of exhibitions at the Goosewell Gallery, Menston. John Ruskin was a major influence on the artist. Tennants Auctioneers
- A steel and gilt quartz gentleman's wristwatch signed Seamaster 'Omega'
- A steel and gilt quartz gentleman's wristwatch signed Seamaster 'Omega' Tennants Auctioneers
- Tennants Auctioneers has 68 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Tennants Auctioneers