Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
Founded in 1992 by Peter Loughrey, Los Angeles Modern Auctions is the first auction house to specialize in selling 20th century Modern Art & Design. LAMA holds up to four auctions a year as well as occasional exhibits that are open to the public. LAMA auctions offer quality, vetted modern material in every price range, including paintings, prints, furniture, and decorative objects. With over 20 years of experience, LAMA has carved a niche into the international market through milestone auctions featuring artists and designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Paul Laszlo, Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder, and R.M. Schindler. LAMA has also conducted auctions for prominent California estates, including those of Dalzell Hatfield, James Prestini, James Byrnes, Max Palevsky, and Richard Dorso. From a single work of art to an entire estate, Los Angeles Modern Auctions is quickly becoming the choice auction house on the West Coast to buy and sell Modern Art & Design.
Objects "Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)"
Andre Kertesz Underwater Swimmer, Esztergom 1917; this example printed later Gelatin silver print Signed and dated in graphite "A. Kertész 1917" verso; inscribed "4" verso Image: 7" x 9.75"; Sheet: 8" x 10"; Frame: 17" x 20.375" Together with copy of invoice from Peter Fetterman Gallery dated February 12, 1997 Provenance: Peter Fetterman Gallery, Santa Monica, California; Private Collection, Los Angeles, California (acquired directly from the above, 1997) Literature: André Kertész: Photographs from the J. Paul Getty Museum. Vol. I. A. Kertész. 1994. #3.Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid3 200 GBP
Jennifer Bartlett Earth: Fireworks 1995 Charcoal on paper Sheet (vis.): 20" x 28"; Frame: 28" x 36" Together with copy of invoice from the artist dated July 5, 1995 Provenance: Private Collection, Los Angeles, California (acquired directly from the artist, 1995) Read more
Gio Ponti Flatware (32) Designed 1954 Fraser's Some marked "Ponti/Fraser's Italy"; others marked "Fraser's Italy" Various dimensions Comprised of a four piece service for eight (dinner forks, knives, soup spoons, dessert spoons) Literature: Gio Ponti. U. La Pietra, ed. 1996. 300.Read more
Maurice Calka Boomerang desk Designed 1970; this example produced later Leleu-Deshay Retains stamped manufacturer's mark 29" x 71" x 42" Provenance: David A. Stewart, Los Angeles, California Literature: Jules et André Leleu. V. Jutheau. 1989. 164-165.; L'Utopie du Tout Plastique: 1960-1973. P. Decelle, D. Hennebert, and P. Loze. 1994. 78.Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid12 000 GBP
Gino Severini Danseuse 1957 Color lithograph on paper #34 of 175 Published by L'Œuvre Gravée, Paris; printed by Michael Cassé, Paris Signed in graphite lower right margin; edition lower left Image: 22.25" x 15.375"; Sheet (vis.): 23.5" x 16.375"; Frame: 31.125" x 23.5" Literature: Gino Severini: Tutta L'Opera Grafica. F. Meloni. 1982. #32.Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid640 GBP
Josef Sudek Villa Bertramka, Mozart Memorial c. 1958; this example printed before 1978 Gelatin silver print Image/sheet (vis.): 8.75" x 6.5"; Frame: 19.25" x 15.5" Together with photocopy of letter from Manfred Heiting to Robert Anthoine dated January 6, 1991 Provenance: Manfred Heiting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (acquired directly from the estate of the artist, 1978); Burden Gallery, New York, New York; The Estate of Robert Anthoine (acquired directly from the above) Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid800 GBP
Richard Neutra Proof print of Barsha House 1937 Blueprint with graphite and colored pencil Signed, dated, and inscribed "Dear Mr. Barsha This is merely a proof print/showing how increased the height of the picture/and strengthened outlines. If the shape of the picture/is now all right, I shall go into having a negative-positive/process reproduce it in clear strong lines/Best wishes for this 1937!/Cordially R. Neutra" Sheet: 9.125" x 12.125"; Frame: 11.75" x 14.75" Together with three photographs, a magazine, and two magazine articles Provenance: Helen & Leon Barsha, North Hollywood, California (acquired directly from the artist); Thence by descent Read more
Jean Gillon Sling chair and ottoman (2) Designed c. 1965 Wood Art Ottoman retains tag "Wood Art/Design by Jean Gillon/Handmade Jacaranda-Wood/Industria Brasileira" Chair: 33" x 36" x 41"; Ottoman: 15" x 26" x 17" Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid1 200 GBP
Blog posts about "Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)"
- London Fashion Week celebrates 40 years
- In the sixties, Tony Porter was the name in fashion PR in London. Unable to believe that London, one of the world's hubs for fashion, did not have an event for journalists and buyers, in the same way Paris and Milan, Porter founded what is today's London Fashion Week.
- Piece of Cake: The Great British Bake Off
- The rolling pins and whisks are out, clothes are feeling a little snugger, and the nation's sweet tooth has been satisfied as we bid farewell to another season of Great British Bake off.
- Alexander Calder's mobile at auction for first time
- The Modern Art & Design sale at Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) on Sunday 17th May will bring to auction for the first time ever Alexander Calder's Quatre Blances, 1976.
Realised prices "Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) "
- Oase armchair
- Wim Rietveld\nOase armchair\n\nDesigned c. 1958\nGispen\nStamped\n30" x 30" x 23.5" Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Sling-Shots Lit #8 (from Sling-Shots Lit)
- Robert Rauschenberg\nSling-Shots Lit #8 (from Sling-Shots Lit)\n\n1985\n14-color lithograph, screenprint and assemblage with sailcloth, Mylar, wooden lightbox, fluorescent light fixture, aluminum, Plexiglas bars, and a moveable window shade system\n#18 of 250\nPublished by Gemini G.E.L., Los Angeles\nRetains Gemini G.E.L. plaque with facsimile of signature in plate with date and edition on lower right side of lightbox\n84.5" x 56.25" x 12.5"\nGemini G.E.L. #41.164 Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Hanging light
- John Lautner\nHanging light\n\nCustom designed 1969\nConstructed of maple and steel with an inverted disc shade and 4 perforated steel inserts which create a pattern on the ceiling.\n30" x 55" diameter\nThis light was designed for the Mills Residence in Flintridge, CA. Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Side table with drawer
- Edward Wormley\nSide table with drawer\n\nDesigned c. 1955\nWalnut, brass pulls\nDrexel\nBranded manufacturer's mark\n16.25" x 42" x 31.75" Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Cookie and Potato (2)
- David Gilhooly\nCookie and Potato (2)\n\n1975\nPainted and glazed ceramic\nCookie signed "Gilhooly 75"; Potato signed "Gilhooly"\nCookie: 4" diameter; Potato: 2.5" x 4.25" Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) has 399 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)