Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
Founded in 1992 by Peter Loughrey, Los Angeles Modern Auctions is the first auction house to specialize in selling 20th century Modern Art & Design. LAMA holds up to four auctions a year as well as occasional exhibits that are open to the public. LAMA auctions offer quality, vetted modern material in every price range, including paintings, prints, furniture, and decorative objects. With over 20 years of experience, LAMA has carved a niche into the international market through milestone auctions featuring artists and designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Paul Laszlo, Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder, and R.M. Schindler. LAMA has also conducted auctions for prominent California estates, including those of Dalzell Hatfield, James Prestini, James Byrnes, Max Palevsky, and Richard Dorso. From a single work of art to an entire estate, Los Angeles Modern Auctions is quickly becoming the choice auction house on the West Coast to buy and sell Modern Art & Design.
Blog posts about "Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)"
- London Fashion Week celebrates 40 years
- In the sixties, Tony Porter was the name in fashion PR in London. Unable to believe that London, one of the world's hubs for fashion, did not have an event for journalists and buyers, in the same way Paris and Milan, Porter founded what is today's London Fashion Week.
- Piece of Cake: The Great British Bake Off
- The rolling pins and whisks are out, clothes are feeling a little snugger, and the nation's sweet tooth has been satisfied as we bid farewell to another season of Great British Bake off.
- Alexander Calder's mobile at auction for first time
- The Modern Art & Design sale at Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) on Sunday 17th May will bring to auction for the first time ever Alexander Calder's Quatre Blances, 1976.
Realised prices "Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) "
- Rosewood bench
- Norwegian \nRosewood bench\n\nDesigned c. 1960\n13" x 79" x 14.5" Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Pair of Brentwood low chairs
- William "Billy" Haines\nPair of Brentwood low chairs\n\nDesigned 1936\nCustom studio\n29"h x 24"w x 25"d\nAlso known as hostess chairs, this design was one of Haines' most popular chairs and used them often in his later commissions. Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Guillermo Silva\nJardin\n\n1960\nEtching\nSigned and dated lower right, "G. Silva S. 60"\nImage: 1.5" x 3.375"; Frame: 5.75" x 9" \nSold with unframed etching, "La Nino de la Patineta" 1960, #43 of 100 Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Jill floor lamp
- Perry King & Santiago Miranda\nJill floor lamp\n\nDesigned 1978\nFlos\n72"\nTogether with two matching wall sconces Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Untitled (Woman)
- Harold Frank\nUntitled (Woman)\n\nc. 1965\nMixed-media on panel\nSigned lower left\nPanel (vis.): 13" x 11.25"; Frame: 19.25" x 15.5" Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)
- Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA)