Venduehuis der Notarissen
”Auctioneers with a passion for Art and antique” is the motto of the Venduehuis der Notarissen in The Hague.
In 2002, it was 200 years ago that this auction house officially opened its doors in the city of The Hague making it the oldest auction house in The Netherlands. Various important historical auctions took place at the Venduehuis, the most famous one being: “The girl with the pearl earring” by Johannes Vermeer.
There are three different types of auctions being held:
• The Spring – and Autumn Art and Antique (twice each year)
• A monthly Art and antique auction
• The Venduehuis Next Door auction (online only).
Many different articles come under the hammer at these auctions, varying from paintings, porcelain, silver, jewellery, sculptures and furniture, including Indonesian and post-war art, old masters and complete inventories of good quality.
The Venduehuis is established in the former residence of the Mayor of The Hague, in the Nobelstraat. This street can be seen on a 15th century city plan and owes its name to the noble families who lived there at that time. Amongst them were various mayors, father and son Christiaan and Constantijn Huygens, renowned mathematicians/astrologers.
In short, in an unique and historical setting stands a modern and all-round auction house where people work with a passion for art and antique.
Objects "Venduehuis der Notarissen"
With pierced railing above an ebony frieze, two mahogany doors with ebony, ivory and mother-of-pearl intarsia in an oriental manner. The doors are flanked by two columns with ivory details, a leaf on one side with pierced railing and asymmetrical ornamentation below with copper and ivory. Carlo Bugatti was heir to the Bugatti family fortune. Bugatti studied firstly at the Brera Academy in Milan, and subsequently, from 1875, at the Académie des Beaux Arts in Paris. An identical piece is in the collection of the Mullin Automotive Museum. Ca. 1898, Italy. 132x60x34 cm.Read more
- Low estimate
- Show bid6 400 GBP
Blog posts about "Venduehuis der Notarissen"
- Netherland's oldest auction houses join forces as Sotheby's and Christie's make cuts
- As Christie's and Sotheby's dramatically downscale their operations in the Netherlands, the oldest auction house in the Netherlands and the oldest house for books are joining forces to be a strong player for the market in 2016.
- Awesome Autumn at Venduehuis der Notarissen
Realised prices "Venduehuis der Notarissen "
- Venduehuis der Notarissen has 1 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Venduehuis der Notarissen