Objects "Modern Times"
Pair of nicely patinated gilt tole sconces each with a single candle holder. (Also available: A pair of very similar sconces with two candleholders; please see our other 1stdibs objects.) Some pictures were taken with a flash which explains the difference in color in some photos.Read more
Modernist stacking chairs each bearing the Mauser label. The chairs date at least from the 1950s-60s, possibly earlier. Teak plywood seats and backs, black metal legs and frames. The chairs are well patinated with a beatiful warm brown color. Distressed condition but structurally sound..Read more
Antique Tabriz rug with stylized cypress trees and other plants and trees on an ivory background surrounded by a border in a soft old brownish red. Distressed, showing wear and some old repairs and plenty of character.Read more
Blog posts about "Modern Times"
- Battersea Park gets Gothic: The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair
- Everything gets Gothic tomorrow as the Winter Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair returns to Battersea Park for 2017.
- …and sold! Murano glass breaks records
- Cambi Casa d'Aste's sale in June featured a collection of timeless Murano glass, with some pieces of the Italian design breaking records.
- Rock Memorabilia for sale - Cobain Guitar
- Celebrity memorabilia always creates a lot of interest. Whether it is serious collectors or diehard fans, when an item with famous provenance comes up for sale, it sets tongues wagging.
- Sotheby's xxx exhibition "The Nude in the XX and XXI Century"
- Sotheby's upcoming "The Nude in the XX and XXI Century" at their S|2 gallery in London is sure to set pulses racing.
- Breaking Boundaries: The Global Art Market
- The art market has never been hotter, prices are soaring. Last year, the Fine Art market boasted a 51 billion euro turnover, which is an increase of 7% from the previous year, and a new record since 2007’s 48 billion euro. These numbers, however, still reflect just a fraction of the market’s total turnover, as the lower segments determine the most important growth factor.