Objects "Modern Times"
Pair of lounge chairs 1960-1970 in rare pistachio-colored leather. Scandinavian chairs probably Swedish. The leather is nicely patinated and in good condition with no tears. Worldwide shipping available. Please ask if the shipping price for your country is not listed.Read more
Pair of cocktail or lounge chairs with low seats, from the 1960s. Made of steel with black faux leather seats and backs. Attributed to Martin Visser. Slightly differing sizes: 66 cm wide x 58 cm deep x 74 cm high x 39 cm seat height. 69 cm wide x 60 cm deep x 72 cm high x 38 cm seat height. Good vintage condition. Free shipping to some countries and low price shipping to others. Priced as a pair.Read more
Vintage Chesterfield wingback chair in very warm brown tufted leather. The apparent stripes on the side are shadows. Shipping prices quoted for Germany and the UK. For shipping to other countries please ask.Read more
Set of three Mid-Century Doria ice glass sconces on wood supports. One of the wood supports is in teak the other two oak. Doria label. *Bulbs;: if sold to the US or Canada the sconces will be delivered with simple screw-in bulb-socket adapters to fit standard US candelabra bulbs.Read more
A pair of ships lights or sconces in brass and glass. The sconces take standard size bulbs with 'bayonet' sockets which are available in many US electrical stores, for example at Canal Hardware Company, 305 Canal Street, NYC:Read more
Pair of nicely patinated gilt tole sconces each with a single candle holder. (Also available: A pair of very similar sconces with two candleholders; please see our other 1stdibs objects.) Some pictures were taken with a flash which explains the difference in color in some photos.Read more
Blog posts about "Modern Times"
- Battersea Park gets Gothic: The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair
- Everything gets Gothic tomorrow as the Winter Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair returns to Battersea Park for 2017.
- …and sold! Murano glass breaks records
- Cambi Casa d'Aste's sale in June featured a collection of timeless Murano glass, with some pieces of the Italian design breaking records.
- Rock Memorabilia for sale - Cobain Guitar
- Celebrity memorabilia always creates a lot of interest. Whether it is serious collectors or diehard fans, when an item with famous provenance comes up for sale, it sets tongues wagging.
- Sotheby's xxx exhibition "The Nude in the XX and XXI Century"
- Sotheby's upcoming "The Nude in the XX and XXI Century" at their S|2 gallery in London is sure to set pulses racing.
- Breaking Boundaries: The Global Art Market
- The art market has never been hotter, prices are soaring. Last year, the Fine Art market boasted a 51 billion euro turnover, which is an increase of 7% from the previous year, and a new record since 2007’s 48 billion euro. These numbers, however, still reflect just a fraction of the market’s total turnover, as the lower segments determine the most important growth factor.