Strauss & Co
Strauss & Co is South Africa’s leading fine art auction house and the global leader in the South African art market. With an average turnover per annum of over R155 million and an average sell-through rate of 85%, Strauss & Co has sold 9, of the 10, most expensive paintings ever auctioned in South Africa and holds numerous artist’s records. Strauss & Co is founded on exceptional expertise and prestigious presentation and is synonymous with top quality art, furniture, decorative arts and jewellery. Strauss & Co was established in 2008 by celebrated figures in the business world, Elisabeth Bradley and Dr Conrad Strauss, and art doyen Stephan Welz, with the purpose of placing auctioneering on a plane worthy of the best South Africa has to offer in both the fine and decorative arts. Strauss & Co is the first auction house to bring online auctions of fine and decorative arts to South Africa.
Blog posts about "Strauss & Co"
Realised prices "Strauss & Co "
- Irving, Clifford; Fake! The Story of Elmyr de Hory the Greatest Art Forger of our Time\n\nIrving, Clifford\nFake! The Story of Elmyr de Hory the Greatest Art Forger of our Time\nNew York: McGraw-Hill, 1969, illustrations, 8vo, cloth, dustjacket, dustjacket worn, owner bookplate on endpaper; Watson, Peter, Double Dealer: The John Blake Conspiracy, London: Hutchinson, 1983, illustrations, 8vo, cloth, dustjacket, owner bookplate on endpaper; and Wijde, Inge, Kluchten en Drama's in den Kunsthandel, Leiden: Nedererl. Uitgeversbedrijf, 1943, illustrations, 8vo, hardback, foxed, stained and 1 page insect-damaged Strauss & Co
- Baines, Thomas; The Birds of South Africa\n\nBaines, Thomas\nThe Birds of South Africa\nJohannesburg: Winchester Press, 1975, illustrations, 4to, green rexine with matching slipcase, limited edition: No. 424 of 500 copies, with plastic protective covering, some staining of first and final few pages, slipcase marked Strauss & Co
- McIntyre, I. Hester; The Remarkable Life of Dr Johnson's 'Dear Mistress'\n\nMcIntyre, I. Hester\nThe Remarkable Life of Dr Johnson's 'Dear Mistress'\nand 11 others of biographical and autobiographical interest Strauss & Co
- Bird, John; The Annals of Natal, 1495 to 1845\n\nBird, John\nThe Annals of Natal, 1495 to 1845\nPietermaritzburg: P. Davis, 1888, Vols 1 and 2, 8vo, cloth, covers worn, Vol. 1 shaken and front cover torn at hinge, corners bumped, owner bookplates (designed by W.H. Coetzer) on front inner boards, both vols signed on front endpapers by W.H. Coetzer and dated 28/9/37, minor time-staining Strauss & Co
- Baraitser, M., and Obholzer, A.; Town Furniture of the Cape\n\nBaraitser, M., and Obholzer, A.\nTown Furniture of the Cape\nCape Town: Struik, 1987, illustrations, 4to, cloth, spine and cover rubbed; Baraitser, M., & Obholzer, A., Cape Antique Furniture, Cape Town: Struik, 2004, 4to, dustjacket Strauss & Co
- Strauss & Co has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Strauss & Co