Bukowskis was founded in 1870, by Polish nobleman Henryk Bukowski, and is the leading auction house in the Nordic countries. Bukowskis has been appointed Purveyor to the Royal Court of Sweden (Kunglig hovleverantör), and they offer international hammer auctions, online auctions, and private sales. Bukowskis have conducted successful auctions in Sweden for the past 140 years, including the collection of King Charles XV in 1873, and the estate of Master director Ingmar Bergman in 2009. Bukowskis received the exclusive rights to sell the etchings of the renowned Swedish classical painter Anders Zorn in the 1920s. The etchings by Zorn were so valid that they were accepted as security for bank loans, and "exchange rates" were noted at Bukowskis.
Bukowskis continuously showcase unique and fine art objects, and Bukowskis is one of Scandinavia’s oldest salesrooms. Bukowskis headquarters are located in Stockholm, and they have branches in Helsinki (Finland), Gothenburg and Malmö, and representatives all around Europe, U.S.A, and Asia. Bukowskis has a longstanding tradition of specialist knowledge of the highest quality. The company's specialists conduct continual research within their domains and daily make qualified decisions and estimates of objects, which contribute to the continuous growth of the company's store of knowledge.
Bukowskis’ hammer auctions are represented by the Classic Sales, the Modern Sales and the Contemporary Sales, and each auction is held two times a year during spring and fall. Bukowskis also offers a variety of special sales such as the Vintage Sale, the Eclectic Sale, and estate and charity auctions. The online sales are conducted by Bukowskis Market, and they have showrooms in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. Bukowskis Market offers catalogued objects from all epochs and all price ranges, suitable as collector’s items or for interior decorations. Bukowskis is part of the International Auctioneers, IA, which consists of seven well-known auction houses in Europe and U.S.A. Bukowskis is also represented in EFA – European Federation of Auctioneers.
Blog posts about "Bukowskis"
- 7 New Consignments!
- This week we bring news of not one – but a staggering seven artworks being snapped up for sale via the valuation service, all from a single client.
- Barnebys Pontus Silfverstolpe delves into the realms of online at this year's Art Business Conference
- Pontus Silfverstolpe, Barnebys co-founder, will join art and antiques industry experts for the Art Business Conference on 1st September, 2016.
- A new dawn for Design
- It's no secret that homes around the world are fit to burst with Scandinavian design. An increasing number of auction houses are focusing on curating Design sales to meet the increased demand. Bukowskis this week launched their first Modern & Nordic Design sale.
- Online auctions is the winning formula for the auction world
- The auction market was on the tipping-point of a change, but what were the first steps? And, perhaps, more importantly, who was going to take them first?
- Warhol on top in Bukowskis Contemporary & Design
- Ever since the sale of Andy Warhol's Supper painting, the artist has been a frequent feature in Bukowskis' contemporary and postwar auctions. This year, an early portrait of jazz musician Bobby Short is the star of the auction.
Realised prices "Bukowskis "
- SPANSK VY
- Tuulikki Pietilä\nSPANSK VY\nSign. Granada 1951. Olja på skiva 55,5x46,5 cm. Bukowskis
- DAUM, skålfat, Nancy, Frankrike, jugend, ca 1900.
- Överfång samt slipad dekor av pålagd grön spindel i sitt nät, kastanjeblad mot röd-, gul-, grönmelerad fond. Signerad DAUM NANCY samt Lothringenkors och 3. Längd 15 cm, höjd 4,5 cm. Bukowskis
- PETTER ENEROTH, Stockholm 1785, sockerskål med lock, silver, gustaviansk.
- Rund, på hög fot, livet med pålagda antikiserande medaljonger, uppsvängda hänklar, toppigt lock med bärknopp, även locket med stämplar. På fotkanten lodangivelse 42 7/8. Höjd 23 cm, vikt 564 gram. Bukowskis
- Vy över kungliga slottet, Stockholm
- Anna Palm de Rosa\nVy över kungliga slottet, Stockholm\nSignerad Anna Palm och daterad Stockholm 1893. Akvarell 25 x 85 cm. Rikt skuren ram från tiden. Bukowskis
- "Studie I"
- Agnes Cleve\n"Studie I"\nSignerad Agnes Cleve och daterad -14. Utförd i Paris. Duk 36 x 30 cm. Bukowskis
- Bukowskis has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Bukowskis