Established in 1825, Cheffins is one of the country’s leading firms of independent Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers. They provide a confidential and professional service for private clients, executors of estates, solicitors and bankers.
Their prestigious centrally located Salerooms in the historic university city of Cambridge provides a perfect base for their auctions bringing together both national and international clients and buyers.
Cheffins are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
Blog posts about "Cheffins"
- Unusual 'Black Jack' ale jugs to sell at Cheffins
- 'Black Jack' ale jugs from the 17th or early 18th century which were used up to and during the Crimean War are set to feature on Cheffins Fine Art sale this month.
- All things weird and wonderful!
- December is a busy month in the world of auctions. If you are after something a little on the unconventional side, we've handpicked a few of our favourite lots.
Realised prices "Cheffins "
- An outsize silver quaich
- An outsize silver quaich by Robert Stewart, London 1920, of traditional circular form with two lug handles, the body with hammered finish, 28.5cm over handles, 14.8oz Estimate £200-300 In good condition, no repairs, bruises, splits or holes Cheffins
- A 19th century ivory netsuke
- A 19th century ivory netsuke carved as a dragon rising from a box while holding a sacred pearl, 4cm (1.5 in) high Estimate £100-200 Good. The himotoshi are formed by the neck above the limb holding the pearl and the body Cheffins
- A pair of Chinese silver spice boxes
- A pair of Chinese silver spice boxes, Chinese heiroglyph marks only, of compressed spherical shape each with detachable cover and raised on an everted ring foot, all over engraved with flowers, birds and leaves, 6cm diameter, 3.8oz (2) Estimate £100-150 Cheffins
- § Frances Mabel Hollams (British, 1877-1963) - Statesman, a bay hunter
- § Frances Mabel Hollams (British, 1877-1963) "Statesman", a bay hunter signed lower left "F M Hollams 1928" and inscribed with title upper right-hand corner oil on board, in a maple frame h:31 w:41 cm Estimate £1,000-1,500 Gilt slip has chips. Image of the horse is good. Cheffins
- A mabé pearl and diamond ring by Ricardo Filgueiras
- A mabé pearl and diamond ring by Ricardo Filgueiras, the 14mm diameter pearl in closed back collet held aloft at the four corners by thick wires, each with a round brilliant diamond point termination, being the ends of two looped wires forming the shank, stamped '750' and with designer's mark, an angular B; size approximately L Ricardo Filgueiras is one of Brazil's foremost contemporary jewellery designers, specialising in one-off commission pieces; he originally trained as an architect, and his designs frequently show a strength with delicacy, and an innovative construction that reveals this early discipline; he has a gallery in Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro Estimate £300-500 Cheffins
- Cheffins has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Cheffins