Chorley’s was founded in 2006 by Simon Chorley and the Fine Art department from Bruton Knowles, Gloucestershire’s leading firm of auctioneers, surveyors and property consultants. John Harvey, previously in charge of Sotheby’s West Country office, joined Chorley’s team in 2009. The Chorley’s team provides considerable experience and expertise and strives to uphold the traditions of integrity, honesty and professionalism much valued by the firm’s private clients and by professional referrers from the art, legal, insurance, property asset and banking professions. Situted in the grounds of the beautiful 40-acre monastic estate of Prinknash Abbey Park, between Cheltenham, Gloucester and Stroud and within 4 miles of the UK motorway network, Chorley’s is easy to find and offers a pleasant location for those attending sale and view days. For those who cannot come in person, a fully illustrated online catalogue and live online bidding is available for every sale. Experience and innovation, tradition and technology: these qualities make Chorley’s stand out in the Fine Art & Antiques market and we pride ourselves on delivering a personalized service to every client while maintaining a leading presence in the global market place.
Chorley's are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
Blog posts about "Chorley's"
- Christopher Wood's Tulips and Hyacinths sells for an incredible £220 000
- Tulips and Hyacinths by Christopher Wood sold for an incredible £220 000 at Chorley's against an estimate of £40 000-60 000.
- 7 of the most fabulous chairs on Barnebys right now
- Leopard-shaped or illuminated, the title says it all...
- Chorley's celebrate 10th anniversary with first ever sale hosted on The Auction Room
- Chorley's sale this month celebrates both their 10th anniversary as well as it being the first sale they have held via the online platform The Auction Room.
- Chorley's shakes things up this spring with a Modern & Contemporary Art & Design
- Chorley's this spring will host their Modern & Contemporary Art & Design sale, a change from their usual fare.
- Works by father of British landscape at auction
- To kick of the year, Chorley's sales this month feature two oil paintings by Richard Wilson (1714-1782) who is often hailed as the father of British landscape paintings.
Realised prices "Chorley's "
- Chorley's has 854 objects in the categories.
- Arts & Graphics
- Books, Maps & Manuscripts
- Carpets, Rugs & Textile
- Fashion & Vintage
- Furniture, Design & Mirrors
- Jewellery & Gems
- Medals, Arms & Armour
- Oriental ceramics & Works of art
- Porcelain & Pottery
- Silver & Gold
- Toys & Collectables
- Watches & Clocks
Find address and telephone number to Chorley's