Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's conducted the greatest auctions of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and today remains a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. With over 450 sales annually in over 80 categories, Christie's gives art lovers and luxury collectors access to categories including Impressionist, Modern, Old Masters, Contemporary and Asian art, photography, jewelry, watches, wine, interior design and more. All within a prices range from $200 to over $80 million.
Christie’s has 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai and Hong Kong. Christie’s also offers worldwide access through their real-time online bidding service, Christie’s Live.
Blog posts about "Christie's"
- 5 questions to ask yourself before you say yes to that next art purchase
- It's easy to search online, head to a gallery or auction house and decide you have to have a piece - but it's always good to ask yourself these five things before you buy. Barnebys and The Clarion List asked an art consultant, a conservator, an attorney and an adjuster what everyone should think about before a purchase.
- From multi-million pound bids to a few pounds: Online auctions continue to go from strength to strength
- Classic cars, Old Masters to an affordable piece of design furniture - in 2017, we predict online auctions will continue to boost the art, antiques and collectibles market.
- The merchants have taken over the art market, says TEFAF's Art Market Report
- The big buzz at this year's TEFAF, Maastricht is the sensational numbers that describe the market distribution between trade and auction houses. What we are talking less about is the twenty billion missing in industry turnover since last year's report.
- ''Explosion of Hockney fans'' at Sotheby's Contemporary evening sale
- In 8 days, Sotheby's London's sales totalled £350 million, a 57% increase on 2016 with several records smashed for artists at auction.
- French fancies Magritte and Gauguin lead the way at Christie's
- Last night at Christie's The Art of the Surreal sale René Magritte's La Corde Sensible, 1960, saw a new auction record achieved for the artist as it sold for £13.5 million.
Realised prices "Christie's "
- A painted red pottery figure of a female polo player
- A painted red pottery figure of a female polo player\nTang Dynasty\nAstride a galloping horse, extending all four legs to their fullest in mid air, the female polo player seated firmly in the saddle with legs stretched forwards, the body twisted to the left, her arms bent to swing the polo stick, dressed in and orange tunic above brown boots, her hair gathered in a top knot, covered in white slip with orange, brown and black pigment, some restoration\n34 cm. long, with stand Christie's
- LUIGI BOÏLLÉ (NE EN 1926)
- LUIGI BOÏLLÉ (NE EN 1926)\nSans titre\nhuile sur toile\n130 x 162 cm. (130 1/8 x 63¾ in.)\nPeint en 1960. Christie's
- THIRTEEN CHINESE GLASS VESSELS
- THIRTEEN CHINESE GLASS VESSELS\nCHINA, 19TH/20TH CENTURY\nComprising five red glass bowls, two opaque yellow glass bowls, a green glass dish, a cameo glass bowl, a cameo glass bottle, two paper weights and a red glass snuff bottle, some with decoration of dragons and scrolling vines, Chinese landscapes and figures, one bowl with gilt decoration (rubbed), the snuff bottle ground down to neck, otherwise intact\nThe largest bowl 9¼in. (23.6cm.) diam. (13) Christie's
- Willem de Kooning, painter, Springs, Long Island, 8-18-69
- RICHARD AVEDON (1923-2004)\nWillem de Kooning, painter, Springs, Long Island, 8-18-69\ngelatin silver print\nsigned, numbered '1/50', '25' in ink, copyright credit reproduction limitation, title and date stamps (on the verso)\nimage/sheet: 10 x 8in. (25.9 x 20.8cm.) Christie's
- Fedor Tolstoi (1783-1873)\nGooseberries\nsigned in Cyrillic and inscribed in Russian 'Drawn from nature Count Feodor Tolstoi' (lower right), dated '1818' (lower left)\npencil and watercolour on paper\n6¾ x 9¼ in. (17 x 23.5 cm.) Christie's
- Christie's has 3 521 objects in the categories.
- Arts & Graphics
- Books, Maps & Manuscripts
- Carpets, Rugs & Textile
- Coins & Banknotes
- Fashion & Vintage
- Furniture, Design & Mirrors
- Jewellery & Gems
- Music & Musical Instruments
- Oriental ceramics & Works of art
- Porcelain & Pottery
- Postcards & Stamps
- Silver & Gold
- Tin & Metals
- Toys & Collectables
- Watches & Clocks
Find address and telephone number to Christie's