Prop Store began in 1998 when founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favourite films.
Stephen found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for this new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting; prop art.
With a dream team assembled of like-minded movie fanatics, Prop Store set out like a band of movie archaeologists, looking to locate, research and preserve the treasure troves of important artifacts that hid in dark, sometimes forgotten corners all over the world.
Twelve years on Prop Store are thriving. With offices in London and Los Angeles and over 15,000 combined square feet of archived props and costumes, Prop Store have become the busiest and most trusted authority in the prop art world.
Objects "Prop Store"
Blog posts about "Prop Store"
- Bid, you should: Star Wars effects artist Phil Tippett's archive comes to auction
- Veteran effects artist Phil Tippett's archive, which features puppets, models, artwork and production materials from Star Wars, Robocop and Jurassic Park will be up for bidding until 21st October.
- A cut above the rest: Inside Hannibal's wardrobe
- In recent years, a trend for menswear eye-candy has hit the small screen. Hits such as ''Mad Men'' and ''Boardwalk Empire'' all carefully construct costumes in a way that not only captures the setting and period, but also the mental state of their often unsavoury characters.
- Hannibal: A bloody beautiful television show comes to auction
- A television series based on the Oscar-winning The Silence of the Lambs could have been a disaster.
- Original props and costumes by three time Oscar-winner at auction
- Original props and costumes by the Academy award-winning make-up effects artist Greg Cannom from his 40 year-career are currently at auction.
- Rick Baker: Monster Maker
- This month, Prop Store are offering a monster of a sale, as they auction special memorabilia and props from Rick Baker's impressive repertoire of films.
Realised prices "Prop Store "
- Prop Store has 68 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Prop Store