The Canterbury Auction Galleries
Established in 1911, The Canterbury Auction Galleries are Kent’s leading independent Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers. The Canterbury Auction Galleries hold a Two Day Fine Art and Antiques auction every other month, each sale typically comprising over 1200 lots across a broad variety of disciplines from jewellery to furniture.
The Canterbury Auction Galleries are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
Blog posts about "The Canterbury Auction Galleries"
- Grayson Perry on taste and the class wars
- This autumn The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge in Canterbury will display Grayson Perry's The Vanity of Small Differences, a series of six large, exuberant tapestries that explore the British fascination with taste and class.
- Inspiration: 1960s Mix & Match
- This autumn, interiors will be warmed up with colours of the 1960s.
- Inspiration: Live-in Library
- Books are having a renaissance.
- Cool to be Kitsch
- Following the roaring success of Sotheby's Bear Witness sale, here are some of our favourite kitsch collectibles.
Realised prices "The Canterbury Auction Galleries "
- A 20th Century boy's Rolex stainless steel cased wristwatch
- A 20th Century boy's Rolex stainless steel cased wristwatch, No. 023791 2285, the white finish dial with Arabic numerals and sweep seconds hand, contained in plain stainless steel case, 25mm diameter, and later strap for same The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- A Chinese Cantonese black lacquer and painted panel fan
- A Chinese Cantonese black lacquer and painted panel fan, the paper panel painted with figures on terraces and in a river landscape, the sticks decorated in gilt with figures in a landscape, 11ins (280mm) (19th Century - slight damage) The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- Late 18th Century School - Miniature shoulder-length portrait...
- Late 18th Century School - Miniature shoulder-length portrait of a gentleman wearing a blue coat, thought to be on ivory, 1.75ins x 1.375ins (panel cracked in two places), contained in gold coloured metal oval frame inset with black and gilt glass, with plaited hair and initials "HBW" to reverse (frame cracked and damaged), and a Victorian mother of pearl rectangular card case, 4.25ins x 3ins The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- Manner of William Shayer (1788-1879) - Oil painting - Horse and...
- Manner of William Shayer (1788-1879) - Oil painting - Horse and rider resting in the shade of a tree, board 10ins x 11.75ins, in gilt moulded frame The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- Three 19th Century stained and painted pine rectangular storage...
- Three 19th Century stained and painted pine rectangular storage boxes stencilled in black to sides "W. Paterson's Rice Starch, London", each 19ins wide x 12ins deep x 11ins high The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- The Canterbury Auction Galleries has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to The Canterbury Auction Galleries