The Canterbury Auction Galleries
Established in 1911, The Canterbury Auction Galleries are Kent’s leading independent Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers. The Canterbury Auction Galleries hold a Two Day Fine Art and Antiques auction every other month, each sale typically comprising over 1200 lots across a broad variety of disciplines from jewellery to furniture.
The Canterbury Auction Galleries are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers.
Blog posts about "The Canterbury Auction Galleries"
- Grayson Perry on taste and the class wars
- This autumn The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge in Canterbury will display Grayson Perry's The Vanity of Small Differences, a series of six large, exuberant tapestries that explore the British fascination with taste and class.
- Inspiration: 1960s Mix & Match
- This autumn, interiors will be warmed up with colours of the 1960s.
- Inspiration: Live-in Library
- Books are having a renaissance.
- Cool to be Kitsch
- Following the roaring success of Sotheby's Bear Witness sale, here are some of our favourite kitsch collectibles.
Realised prices "The Canterbury Auction Galleries "
- A late 19th Century "Ogden's New Century Photo Album"
- A late 19th Century "Ogden's New Century Photo Album", containing two hundred Ogden's "Guinea Gold" black and white cigarette cards from Edward VII to Lily Langtry The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- Bianca Juarez - Artists proof screen print - "Night Bulbs"
- Bianca Juarez - Artists proof screen print - "Night Bulbs", 12.5ins x 19ins, titled, signed and dated '79 in pencil, No. 56 of edition of 75, in silvered frame and glazed, a ditto screen print - "Live Wire", and six other smaller screen prints and etchings, various subjects The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- A pair of brass five branch electric wall lights of Georgian design
- A pair of brass five branch electric wall lights of Georgian design with candle fitments, circular sconces, splayed arms, on pierced backs with ribbon and face mask ornament, 47ins high Note : This will need to be checked and rewired by a qualified Electrician The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- A modern platinum mounted all diamond set half hoop eternity ring
- A modern platinum mounted all diamond set half hoop eternity ring, the face set with nine graduated brilliant cut diamonds (total estimated diamond weight 1ct - gross weight 4.3 grammes - ring size L 1/2) The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- A modern 14ct gold mounted pearl pendant
- A modern 14ct gold mounted pearl pendant, the face cast with a stylised dragon, 45mm x 10mm overall, and fine 450mm chain link necklet for same (gross weight 3.9 grammes) The Canterbury Auction Galleries
- The Canterbury Auction Galleries has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to The Canterbury Auction Galleries