Villa Grisebach was founded 1986 by five art dealers who joined forces in order to establish an auction house of a new kind in Berlin. At the time founding Villa Grisebach Auction was somewhat risky as most of the art business took place in Cologne Munich, due to the infamous Wall dividing Berlin in two. Although affiliated with risk, Villa Grisebach was a success and the first preview in 1986 attracted no less then 2,500-art lovers.
Their main focus is Art of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries and photography. Apart from representatives in Berlin and across Germany, they have offices in Switzerland and North America.
Blog posts about "Grisebach"
- Happy Birthday to you! Berlin's Grisebach celebrates hitting the big 30
- Berlin-based Grisebach are celebrating 30 years as part of the German art and auctions scene with a sale featuring the works of Fernando Botero, Emil Nolde, Paul Klee and Andy Warhol.
- The Berlin connection
- It's no secret that Berlin is a hub for art. David Bowie, a resident of the city, once said it is "the greatest cultural extravaganza that one could imagine."
- Barnebys curates: a selection from Berlin's Grisebach
- Berlin-based auction house Grisebach always ensure the most outstanding lots are presented in their sales, and their upcoming autumn auctions are no exception.
- History 101
- Did you know on Barnebys you can search through centuries of history in our Ancient Art category?
Realised prices "Grisebach "
- Grisebach has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Grisebach