Mealy’s Fine Art Ltd, based in Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny, is one of the oldest and most prestigious auction houses in Ireland. They typically host eight major auctions a year, either at their premises in Castlecomer, or in selected locations in Dublin and the rest of Ireland. They traditionally specialize in estate sales, and have conducted more sales on the premises of country houses than any other firm in Ireland.
Mealy’s was established in 1934 by the late Mr. George Mealy, and continues to operate as a family firm to this day. They have conducted a number of prominent estate sales over the course of their history, including sales at Abbeyleix House for the Viscount DeVesci, at Dunbrody Park for Lord Donegall, and at Mount Congreve. More recently, Mealy’s has conducted the sales of several prominent, international collections, including: the private collection of antiques dealer Ronald McDonnell; the Murnaghan collection (in association with Christie’s); and the Goldberg collection in Cork.
In addition to estate sales, Mealy’s also conducts quarterly gallery sales of fine and decorative art. They conduct private sales via their fully-catalogued online gallery.
Mealy’s experts are experienced in dealing with items from a variety of specialist fields, including: arms and militaria; carpets, rugs and textiles; furniture and decorative art; Modern and Contemporary art; taxidermy and natural history items; toys and dolls; fine painting and sculpture; silver; and jewellery.
Blog posts about "Mealy's"
- One of Scotland's most influential artists comes to auction
- Artist Sir William George Gillies was one of the most influential Scottish painters of the 20th century.
- Rare pieces of history at Mealy's
- Mealy's Christmas sale this month is offering two very rare, important pieces of history.
- Midsummer at Mealy's
- The days are getting longer and the the auction houses are celebrating with beautiful summer-inspired lots.
Realised prices "Mealy's "
- Mealy's has 0 objects in the categories.
Find address and telephone number to Mealy's